Tarianna

I need help please im being harrassed.

[07:29] Yas'Thrae (tarianna): i just hang out around the bar and flirt
[07:31] Manbabys (icewind.silverfall): u shud flirt with me then
[07:31] Yas'Thrae (tarianna): hehe im with Remi here shug
[07:32] Manbabys (icewind.silverfall): but im the hottest guy in sl
[07:33] Manbabys (icewind.silverfall): so it shouldn't matter
[07:33] Manbabys (icewind.silverfall): hes a stupid dog
[07:34] Yas'Thrae (tarianna): hes got a nice chisled muscular body and a beautiful way with words meanwhile you seem to have a victim complex and rejection issues
[07:34] Manbabys (icewind.silverfall): you can gladly leave the sim with your ugly ass dog
[07:34] Manbabys (icewind.silverfall): or you'll be removed
[07:35] Yas'Thrae (tarianna): remove me then
[07:35] Manbabys (icewind.silverfall): ok
[07:35] Yas'Thrae (tarianna): your pathetic by the way
[07:35] Manbabys (icewind.silverfall): enjoy the estate ban
[07:36] Yas'Thrae (tarianna): this is why your not allowed in DBI anymore
[07:36] Yas'Thrae (tarianna): seems like im still here
[07:36] Manbabys (icewind.silverfall): yes.. im finding your name in the search browser
[07:36] Yas'Thrae (tarianna): funny how easy a bluff can be called huh
[07:36] Yas'Thrae (tarianna): your pathetic using threats to get your way
[07:36] Manbabys (icewind.silverfall): Oh?
[07:37] Yas'Thrae (tarianna): no wonder you get booted from sim to sim
[07:37] Manbabys (icewind.silverfall): you and your dog
[07:37] Manbabys (icewind.silverfall): will be removed :)

Manbaby kicked both me and Remi from the sim, but now i can't even get my viewers to work. I have bot the regular SL viewer and Firestorm and i can't get into the damn things to report him to linden labs for harrassments. I tried talking to the sim owner, but i keep crashing all of a sudden. My game was working fine until i told him off and now my viewer wont let me in. Please i need help. 

I should also mention that he is not the owner of the sim in any way. I spoke with the sim owner and he told me to just ignore him but now i cant even get into SL to do that. He's been kicked out of DBI for doing this before. Please someone help me. 

Unless he is harassing you,can't really report. Also I'd take down names. Blacklisting is against TOS and lindens won't be involved in a resident dispute. To fix your problem try logging in to a typed in region rather than last location or home IE "moose" will take you to the middle of nowhere

He is harrassing me though. He tried to get me to sleep with him and when i told him no he started threatening to kick me and my guy from the sim. 

the moose thing worked. im in the ocean but im on and ive reported him and sent the entire chat log. thank you. 

Block. Ignore. Done.

This is not harassment. It is the cost of communicating on a social platform.
Seemed that you dished it out just as much as you got, and it all worked out civil.

Unwanted attention is just that. Annoying. Not worth getting all litigous about it though and slapping the label 'harassment' on it.

This is "Second" Life and people act different ways for different reasons.

Unless someone's avatar is stalking you, following you around, sabotaging your builds and defaming your character or w/e this is nowhere near harassment.

Tarianna wrote:

He is harrassing me though. He tried to get me to sleep with him and when i told him no
he started threatening to kick me and my guy from the sim

In your OP you stated:

"Manbaby kicked both me and Remi from the sim"

Which is it?

Did he just threaten you or did he kick you?

That isn't harrassment. He was a sleazebag and he insulted your partner. That was it.

Until you started baiting him.

And then received a kick from the sim along with your partner. An earned kick.

All I see is some guy doing a stupidly poor job at boasting and trying to get a girl and I see you repeatedly baiting him and egging him on.

If anything you both are guilty of harrassment, especially you Tarianna and it is a shame you don't realise your bad behaviour for what it is.

To be honest, I don't see that as harrassment... it's part of SL life. If you didn't like the way he was talking, you should have just muted/blocked him. 99% of all SL drama would go away if peole remembered that rule. There are always going to be others that we don't like, but if people choose not to mute/block them, then they only have themselves to blame for continuing to read what is being said to them. Also, you've broken SL TOS by posting this conversation and his name.

Tarianna wrote:

I'm not the only one he's been greifing.

He has a history of doing crap like this. 

Indeed he does, and sadly, Tarianna, you are by no means the only one. 

Someone contacted me a few months ago because this griefer -- and also many of his alts -- had attacked his sim and guests repeatedly.  This person was the owner of a group I belong to and posted to let its members know to be on the watch for this griefer.  I replied to that post with some suggestions and the owner contacted me directly.

Within a few weeks I had person after person contacting me telling me how this same griefer had repeatedly attacked them or their sims or both.  A new person just contacted me about 3 hours ago with detailed information on how he was harassed, threatened, and attacked by this griefer. 

And, yes, this griefer has crashed me, hard, several times now.  One time I needed to restart my entire computer.

On Easter evening he went of a spree griefing and attacked with a graphic crasher 3 different sims in 3 different regions in a row -- and then the following morning attacked one of those sims again -- twice.

He harasses, stalks, abuses, threatens, attacks, and crashes people and sims and has been doing so for at least a year now.  He will do so if he feels you have insulted him in the slightest way.  Or, quite literally, if he does not like the way your avi looks.  There are two very nice and kind residents he has been griefing in many different ways for months now, because he doesn't like the look of their avis.

He started using an alt with a very similar username to one of those residents and started griefing with that alt to try and get the real resident in trouble.  The profile he made for this account was almost an exact copy of the real person's profile, including the profile image.

For those who say just "Mute him", please explain to me how well that works when the guy then shows up and uses a graphic crasher to kick you out of SL?  And then does so again.  And then again.

Or tell me what good Muting does when the graphic crasher he uses destroys your RL laptop's graphics board.  Yes, this griefer did do that to one resident.

If you think a griefer such as this is just a minor annoyance, I suggest you read this and have your eyes opened:

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/02/internet_troll_personality_study_machiavellianism_narcissism_psychopathy.html

If you ever see this griefer on the same sim as you are, or even the same region, I strongly suggest you tp out of there at once or turn off your viewer ASAP.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

P.S.  Please explain to me, with logical and rational reasoning, why it appears okay with Linden Lab -- given the very, very rare times they actually take action against an abuser like this -- to allow such a griefer's continued presence in SL to assault and attack and harm others -- but then to mention the name of such a griefer, or his alts, in order to help other residents protect themselves from attacks is such an unethical, banning violation of the ToS?

“War is peace.  Freedom is slavery.  Ignorance is strength.”  

. . .

Ya I imagine there is quite a bit more backstory to this than it appears and that this is being framed as harrassment because of that.

However, even if there weren't? And this is an isolated incident or something that is being visited only on the OP with no history of griefing reported by others? That's actually all it should take. The determination of what is distressing to an individual requires no consensus agreement by a community panel. It is an individual line defined by an individual who is the only one that has the right to determine when/if it has been sufficiently crossed over.

"However, even if there weren't?

It isn't.

"And this is an isolated incident or something that is being visited only on the OP with no history of griefing reported by others?"

It is not.  It is the total reverse of that.

That's actually all it should take."

You are so totally wrong it is shameful.

. . .

Kascha Matova wrote:

Ya I imagine there is quite a bit more backstory to this than it appears and that this is being framed as harrassment because of that.

However, even if there weren't? And this is an isolated incident or something that is being visited only on the OP with no history of griefing reported by others? That's actually all it should take. The determination of what is distressing to an individual requires no consensus agreement by a community panel.
It is an individual line defined by an individual who is the only one that has the right to determine when/if it has been sufficiently crossed over.

"It is an individual line defined by an individual who is the only one that has the right to determine when/if it has been sufficiently crossed over."

Then that person should go live by themself.

In a world, RL or SL, where people interact, we would all be rendered immobile if we all were required to respect every person's imaginary right.

That is why we have "Community Standards" to define those rights.