Debug Settings Problem - QuitAfterSeconds

420 Xeltentat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was messing with the debug settings in SL, and found one that controlled how long SL runs before it shuts down (QuitAfterSeconds) and when i went to adjust the timer, after clicking it once (setting it to 1 second i assume) my SL shutdown and I can no longer get it to even boot to login screen. I tried uninstalling and installing fresh version twice now and still same problem; im thinking it wrote the setting into some sort of system file that isnt deleted on uninstall maybe, i dont know, just know it wont work. Any ideas?

3 answers to this question

Unistall Secondlife, then follow this path:

my computer - c drive - documents and settings - your named folder - application data - you'll see a folder called 'secondlife'

move that 'secondlife' folder to anywhere else on your computer  ie 'my documents'

restart your computer, reinstall secondlife, try logging again.

(this 'secondlife' folder is where your user settings are, by moving it you're forcing the re-creation of your user settings from square one when you reinstall, everything will be back to default.  Once your sl is fine go to 'my documents', recover your chat logs from the old secondlife folder then trash it.  No this will not effect your inventory)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.