Why has the game Progeny Vampire been allowed to continue as a closed beta and without bite requests

Snowgoose Yootz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

Linden Lab does not police individual games at all. Second Life users are only policed where they break the CS or ToS. There are no rules about how 'bites' happen or where they're performed, how 'points' are scored or how users can 'join'. Anything to do with games in Second Life is left to the discretion of its creators. Other viral games of this sort only include bite requests due to choice, not requirement.

• Progeny does not break CS or ToS, and can behave entirely as its creators please (only LL can determine legality - this statement is based on the fact that despite having suffered Abuse Reports, it has not been removed or had its functionality altered).
  • It is not unique or special in holding publicly-accessible information about avatars, and this function cannot be curtailed in Second Life regardless of your personal feelings (this is clearly spelt out in SLWiki documentation, and evidenced by day-to-day life in-world).

Welcome to Second Life, leave your rightous indignation and control fantasies at home.

• Like 3

Because the complaints against progeny from non-players is about bites that don't really exist outside the progeny game, nor affect an avatar outside the progeny game.  To put it into perspective, the complaints are the equivalant of a grocery store owner complaining people are stealing pokemon from their store using the cell phone app Pokemon Go.  The pokemon don't exist in real life just as the blood doesn't exist in second life, only in the game.

heres how to get back at Progeny also Eternal Conflict Angels & Demons (both use the same hud and fangs)

DO IT TO THEM IN A BETTER WAY..

like "upto 90m not 2m and standing still as they have to be

MMM what proof is there for this?

RevengingAngel1

Souls: 19899    (PROGENY TAKEN)

Blood: 8166604

oh yeah thats something Progeny doesnt do take or keep a register of those attacked "mine does, ones your taken your taken no way back" (Pouts so sorry Progeny the natural law won)  there is always a hunter to hunt the hunters"

i do find it odd tho how so upset Progeny members get when they find out they have been out hunted (big huge beaming smile for a ghost)

Come get me Progeny i love it when you vomit (HEHE)

oh and if that wasnt upsetting enough, there is no DoL so they get to stay got  if scanned it shows as:-

Name XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Soul Holder:  RevengingAngel1

Soul: 0

Blood 0

i do suffer any lose of blood taken daily so dont have to HUNT YOU all day everyday, two clicks and your ZERO and MINE

WAY WAY KEWL IF YOU ASK ME

NUFF SAID

The Progeny vampire detector ring is an interesting gadget, if you're curious to know if there are Vampires sneaking about.  It allows you to keep out of their bite range (3 meters).

However, even though I have one, I don't wear it.  For me, it simply serves to draw my attention to these roleplayers, whom I would otherwise remain unaware of.  Even if one of them "bites" you, it doesn't affect your Second Life at all.

Like security orbs, I think gadgets like this are simply more trouble than they're worth.

• Like 1

Someone came to my club and drained all our vips, since LL will not take responsibility for this then we have to deal with them in our own way

I fully intend to take revenge in my own way as a computer programmer so beware my bite will be much worse than yours

This should be illegal , not everyone wants to play your stupid game

48 minutes ago, DJxScotspaul said:

Someone came to my club and drained all our vips

you can only know that if you'r part of that game.

This discussion is so old, and always by DJ's it's getting a bit old.

You and others may not like the vampire games, but it does really NOTHING to your avatar or account. It's a game, nothing more.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DJxScotspaul said:

I fully intend to take revenge in my own way as a computer programmer so beware my bite will be much worse than yours

Please be aware that many griefers would like nothing better than to have you do something stupid that violates the TOS, so that they can file an AR against you.  Revenge can easily lead to one of those stupid things.  As Alwin and others have said, the silly game is annoying but doesn't hurt anybody and does not violate the TOS.  Just ignore it. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.