lost returned inventory

yvonnewai

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i used Return Objects since i'm leaving a land, and i didn't  find any of them in my inventory, i tried to look for the stuff arrives in my Lost and Found folder as a "coalesced object" but there is no "coalesced object" listed in the folder. how can i get all of them since they were all an expensive inventory. 

1 answer to this question

When checking your lost and found folder, did you actually look for something called coalesced object? If you did, then you were a bit confused, coalesced object means that there's more than one object picked up at once and appearing as one put together object in your inventory. Here let me make it a bit more clear:

coalesced object.png

Note how the coalesced objects icons are like broken rubics cubes, while the normal objects have a normal cube. The coalesced object can be named after any item within it, so it does not necessarily have an easily recogniseable name.

Also sometimes it takes time to show up in your inventory.

If all doesn't help follow Rolig Loon's adivce and clear your cache:

1. Open Preferences → Network & Cache
2. Go to the first path “Cache Location” and click the “Open” button behind the path. This will open a file explorer window displaying your current cache location.
3. Logout (close the viewer) and then delete everything inside the cache folder displayed in your file explorer.

Now continue as follows:

1.Log back into SL, to a quiet region (try Smith or Pooley). On your inventory window, click “Recent Items”.
2.Wait for your inventory to repopulate fully. The process may be sped up, if necessary, by typing random letters into the search bar.
3.While inventory repopulates, do not teleport anywhere, and do not attempt to access anything in your inventory. Talk to people or surf the web, or just go out for coffee
4.Watch as it repopulates. As long as you can see (Fetched…) at the top of the inventory window, it is still loading.
5.Once inventory has repopulated, log out of SL once more, then log back in.

Edit: Also never ever use return all with no copy objects exactly to evade situations like these. Always pick those up by hand as it is much safer.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.