red locator beacon- disable

Arakeem Merryman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How can I disable the red locater beam that shows up every time I tp somewhere? I have to constantly open the map, clear it, and close the map, every time I go anywhere. I have looked through the options, and searched and googled, but this stupid beam is always there, and it gets annoying. Please help. Thanks:)

10 answers to this question

While we wait for someone smarter to reply or in the meantime for me to login and remember how to turn it off permanaently... you don't have to open the map to get rid of it... just click on the red arrow and it'll disappear.

EDIT: to disable it rightclick the mini-map as follows:

Actions

Things you can do with the Mini-Map:
  • Drag the Mini-Map to change its position.
  • Drag the Mini-Map's edges to resize it.
  • Double-click the Mini-Map to open the big World Map, which shows more details about where you are
  • Hover over a green or yellow dot to view that Resident's name. You can right-click their dot to view their profile.
  • Right-click the Mini-Map to open a menu:
    • Zoom Close/Medium/Far - Changes the zoom level of the Mini-Map. You can also hover your cursor over the Mini-Map and move your scroll wheel.
    • Stop Tracking - If a red locator beacon and arrow pointing to a destination is currently active, this makes them disappear.

Video Tutorial

This tutorial was made before the feature showing friends on the map as yellow dots was added.

Summary

• How to open the Mini-Map
  • How to identify yourself on the Mini-Map
  • How to disable the Mini-Map's rotation
  • Resizing the Mini-Map
  • What the green dots on the Mini-Map represent (how to locate other avatars)
  • How to zoom the Mini-Map
  • How to resize the Mini-Map
  • How to open the World Map from the Mini-Map
  • How to make beacons disappear from the Mini-Map
  • What the cyan areas on the Mini-Map represent (how to identify objects you own)
  • What the fuchsia areas on the Mini-Map represent (how to identify objects owned by a group you belong to)

• Like 1

That's because the arrow only appears when you land somewhere you didn't ask to land  (geez that came out bad)

In other words, if you teleport based on an old landmark but the land settings force you to a different landing point, the arrow shows you where you "asked" to be teleported to.  If in fact you land exactly where you "asked" to teleported to, then the red beacon does not appear.

--Cinn

The red arrow will show up when you land at co-ordinates that differ from the co-ordinates on the landmark. For example, on my sim, i have routed all tp's to the landing point. If someone TPs in using a LM that used to drop them in another part of my land, they will see the red arrow. If they have a LM that points directly to the landing point, then they won't see a red arrow. The arrows are very helpful when you land in a mall, for example, and the arrow points to the store you are looking for. Simply follow the arrow. :-) I used to find them annoying, too. But they're too helpful for me to want them gone permanently.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.