Can LL help me transfer all inventory from one AVI to my ALt. Reason STALKER.

JoelWayne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have had this stalker since October, I have made at least 20 complaints about this person.  They will not stop and have threatened my personal life and my family.   Now I would like to just remove my account and transfer all my inventory to my alt.    I no that most shows not transferable but I have almost 1000.00 dollars us and would not like to loose that.

This person has destroyed everything I have worked for.   They have attacked all my friends who have made complaints as well.   They have use 25 Alts to do this and will not stop.  So my only option is to remove my account or transfer everything to an ALT.    Please help me,  my RL wife is sick with cancer and is dyeing so if I file a police Cyber crime complaint it will draw her into it and she does not need this type of agitation.   So please please help me.     I can send you all the names the stalker has use and almost every thing they have said or sent to me.   

6 answers to this question

You can transfer the money easily.  If it's in the form of a USD balance, just cash it out to PayPal.  If it's in the form of L$, pay your alt the amount in full.  You cannot transfer non-transferable items in your inventory, however.

I assume that you are not planning to live in the same area of SL under your new identity.  If that's the case, why not simply move to the new area, set it up with your current inventory, and live there like a hermit with your existing account?  Let your new alt travel, join groups, and have all the fun while the old you stays at home, rarely logging in at all.  If you don't do something like that, the gang of idiots will just start harrassing your new alt anyway.  After a while -- a few months or a year maybe -- you could cautiously start letting the old you come out again, provided that you stay away from your old haunts.

• Like 1

Linden Lab will not do what you are asking.

Your only recourse in world is to:

• Mute each and every alt that harasses you
  • File an Abuse Report on each and every instance.  Be sure to reference past abuse reports.
  • If you own land, eject and ban the offender(s)
  • Tell your friends to do all the above, too.

You can create your own alt to avoid being harassed, but you won't be able to move No Transfer inventory to the new account.

But you know what?  With your RL situation, I would forget all of that and just stay out of Second Life completely for a while.  You need to be spending your time with your wife and family.

If the stalker is doing things to harass you OUTSIDE Second Life, you can, and should, contact the police.

If they are that persistent then they'll likely try to find your alt.

block them and all of their alts you won't get messages or objects from them any more, they all so won't be able to hear or see you.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Blocking/ta-p/700121

Find new places to hang out this is actually a great way to discover in places in SL

Avoid groups they belong to. for you alt avoid as many groups a possible that you uses to belong to, if both your accounts have the exact list of groups that's one why they might make the conection.  join new groups that your old account did not belong to.

Make sure you don't ware or rez any thing they gave you.

Can you still pay LL to change your username? I know that we can change our display names for free, but I recall OUAT that if you wanted the login name changed it could be done for a fee. Maybe look into that as it would be just like making a new one I believe.

Of course this is something from at least 8 years ago, this may not be an option anymore.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.