Can a botched Age Verification be corrected?

Foxx Amat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A friend of mine hasn't been coming back to SL because she messed up her Age Verification. Don't ask me how, but she seems to have got almost everything wrong - including entering a nickname rather than her real name. Now when she tries to fix it and enter the proper information she says it won't let her. She doesn't want to start from scratch with an alt so this is putting her off returning to SL. Any advice I can pass onto her?

3 answers to this question

yupyup, best option though is to do so 'manually' though as the page won't allow her the changes.

What happens if I experience problems when I try to verify my identity?

The new age verification feature is in beta. Please be patient as we continue to improve the feature. We are committed to making sure the process is as smooth and user-friendly as possible; however, we understand that this represents a change for Residents. We have also tested the system extensively with our systems provider, Aristotle-Integrity, which has delivered this type of technology to other companies. If you continue to have problems verifying your identity, please go to the Second Life Support Portal and submit a ticket (select Special Questions - Basic account or Guest Login from the Ticket Type dropdown, select Account Issues from the next dropdown, and choose Manual Age Verification from the next).

Please attach electronic (scanned) copies of the following materials:

• Government issued identification that has your date of birth clearly displayed. This identification should be one or more of the following:
    • Birth Certificate
    • Driver's License
    • Passport
  • A utility bill with your name and address clearly displayed.
To attach a file to your ticket:
  1. Log into the Second Life Support Portal and click the My Support History tab.
  2. Click the Ticket # of the age verification ticket you submitted.
  3. Click the Comment button.
  4. Click the Attach a file link.
  5. Browse for the file on your computer and click Open.
  6. To attach another file, click the Attach another file link.
  7. Click the Submit button.
  8. The files you specified will be uploaded and attached to the ticket.

Please expect manual verification to take 5-7 working days.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.