Land and Primage Question

Jilla Lamar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5263 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently repurchased a few plots of land that I used to own in the same sim as I reside.  The repurchased parcels are in the land group with my main spread... but I notice my prim count did not rise.  Has anything changed concerning land policies?  Before when I would purchase parcels in the same sim, the new primage melded with what I already had and the overall prim count rose.  This time it didn't.  Any ideas?

Thank you very much for your help.

8 answers to this question

Hello Jilla, does this article How can I get more prims on my land? or Video Tutorial Region & parcel prim limits answer your Question ?

Simulator primitive usage

If you own more than one parcel in a Region, the prim allowance ofthose parcels becomes a unified pool. For instance: If you own oneparcel that supports 117 prims, and another parcel in the same Regionthat supports 33 prims, you have a total allowance of 150 prims on yourland in that Region. If you wanted to, you could place all 150 prims onthe parcel that initially only supported 33!

Image:kbsd_KB_Object_Usage.jpg

64px-KBtip.png Tip:  If you did put all 150 prims on the smaller parcel, you would not be allowed to place any on the larger parcel (including trees and plants!) It is wise to distribute your total allowance carefully.

64px-KBnote.png Note:This technique only works within a single Region; if you own parcels inmore than one Region, you will not be able to share prim resourcesbetween them.
  • Like 1

Hmmm... that's what i thought it was supposed to do, but it's not... it's like the parcels are in different sims... the prims are not melding...  My main spread is a quarter sim with 3750 prims, I purchased about 8000 more meters with about 1800 more prims. (Off the top of my head here, those numbers are approximate) and so I should be showing about 5500 prims, but I'm not.  On the quarter sim, it shows 3750, then on the parcels it shows 1800... separate primage.  All the parcels are in the same land group as well...  but I can't govern the new parcels through the About Land on the main spread (the quarter sim)  I have to go to the parcels and deal with the land issues there.

I hope all this made sense, it seems so confusing to me.

And thank you very much, Ella.

April, that is absolutely not a silly question because it happens to be the very problem.  Live Chat walked me through it and we found that while I did set the land to group, I did not deed it with the other land.  So there you have it, the problem and the solution.

Thank you very much!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5263 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.