name change

Salome Alchemi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Salome.Alchemi wrote:

Is there a way to change your name, I have 2 tries already (but friend was just testing them). Even to delete your account and start fresh. Thx!

Typically the rule of thumb is to choose your name wisely upon registering because you will not be able to change it later.  This includes case sensitivity.  Don't make your name "SUSIE" or "susie" when you meant "Susie".  You are stuck with it.

However, some of us have seen LL change a person's name for various reason in the past.  Once because the name as inappropriate.  We have seen last names changed before also.  So the question would be under what circumstances will they change your name?  Another question would be how much could you pay them to change your name?  Since there is nothing in writing telling everyone that this is possible and how much it costs, you'd have to ask them directly if they will consider it and how much you'd have to pay.

I'm afraid you cannot change the name of your account, as outlined in this official response from LL: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/How_to_change_my_name - The only way to do it would be to start again with a new account, which means that any non-transfer items you have will be stuck with the old account.

You can choose a 'Vanity' name through the LL program described on this page: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Custom_Name_Program - This is expensive and not an ideal solution unless you really do have money to burn.

This should answer yur question in full

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.