My preferences aren't saved

Augustus Kaestner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

My computer crashed and I had to reinstall everything.  When I reinstalled SL (to the newest level viewer), it no longer saves my preferences when I exit.  When I log back on, everything is back to how it was before.  Is this an issue with the newest viewer, or am I not doing something I should be doing to save my preferences?

Thanks for any help!!

5 answers to this question

Hello Augustus, as well as Irene's great suggestion, try closing the Viewer immediately after changing Preferences and click Apply and OK. Then relog back into Second Life.

If you still can't save Preferences, you might have a corrupted file. Try completely uninstalling all Second Life Viewers, saving any chat logs, if you wish. How do I fully uninstall and reinstall Second Life?

Please make sure the Second Life Cache, User Settings and content of any Temporary folders are also deleted. Reboot your computer.

Then download the latest Viewer Second Life Version Number: 1.23.5 (136262) Oct 14 2009 12:08:26 (Second Life Release) from here Second Life® Installer, save the programme to your Desktop and install.

Hope this helps

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.