Is there a script that....

Testa Telling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

.... I can use this way: I am a builder, and I have been offered to have my items exhibited in another persons shop. He, of course, has to be able to move around with my things in his shop, and I will get the money if the items sell.

I will not give him my items full perms, though i know that is a possibility (with a share profit script)

Thank you

5 answers to this question

Hi Testa,

You are asking for 2 separate things here it looks like.  One is a profit sharing vendor or vendor script.  Those are easy to find.  Just do a search for profit split vendor or something similar in the marketplace.  The shop owners ability to move your objects around is actually much harder and not so much a scripting issue as a trust issue. As a mall manager, part of my job is to get vendor booths rented out and help the vendors as well as monitor their prim use and make sure they are within their contracted prim limit.  However I cannot move their objects.  If a vendor has a roque item outside of their booth (happens all the time, item slips out of control while being placed) the only recourse I have is to return it to them.  Only when a vendor is willing to offer friendship and allow me permission to modify their objects can I actually move their stuff around.

So if you are going to maintain ownership of your items and the scripted vendor selling them, then the shop owner will only be able to move them if he/she is on your friends list and has permission to mod your objects.   The other way is to have the shop owner "own" the stuff until sold and trust them with the consigned goods.

Hope that helps

--Cinn

• Like 1

There are scripts to allow you to do just what you want..

When I was selling my stuff I scripted an affiliate vendor that I gave to people. When a sale is made, the item is delivered from a server box I kept on my own land, not the vendor itself. The affiliate actually owned the vendor and could move it around wherever in SL. I did have a safety that did not allow the affiliate to buy the items in the vendor (but their alt could) and did not have access to the scripts or items for sale.

If you want to look into this more, give me a holla in world with a good time to contact you and we can look at what I have and see if it will work for you..

Ken Clarke

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.