Any insight into general slowness in SL this weekend

Trix Braveheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Thereis nothing in the grid performance from LL that even mentions that things are incredibly slow this weekend. It seems to be everywhere and even with sim reboots does not seem to be corrected.

Time for a conspiracy theory here?

Anyone have any inside info? Is it maybe part of them working on the servers noted in grid status only as restarts for next Wednesday and Thursday?

It would be nice if the slowness was resolved before then

Trix

4 answers to this question

Thanks for your insight. Yes, the weekend probably plays into it, but, it is like no weekend I've experienced in over a year in SL. Clothing is incredibly slow to rezz, scripts are running very slow and there are lots of complaints about people and things remaining grey for a very long time.

I thought it might be something to do with the server upgrades.

Anyway, it remains a mystery I guess.

Trix

Hello Trix, a pJIRA issue has been created Script performance dropped on some regions since rolling restart (12 nov 2009)

Details about specific Regions and changes in script performance, and your vote, will give useful information to the Developers.

As Q Linden says on his recent Blog post Taking technical feedback from Residents

How the bug report is handled

After submitting an issue, you might want to point it out to some friends. People can vote for issues they care about. Linden Lab uses vote count to help point out the issues we should pay the most attention to. Vote count is not the only measure, of course, but all things being equal, an issue with more votes will get attention sooner.

pJIRA is a tool for residents to file new feature requests as well as bug reports (The "P" stands for Public.) An overview and common questions about pJIRA can be found in the Creating bug reports and feature requests in the Public Issue Tracker

How do I log in to the Tracker?

• Visit https://jira.secondlife.com and click the 'Log In' link on the top right of the page
  • On the login page, enter your Second Life username (Firstname Lastname) and password

I love you, thank you

We have been told that LL is aware of the issue and that we are not alone. their suggestion for anyone who is interested is to reboot the sim every day. The success of this has been less than thrilling.

Some areas are not affected at all, but clearly some are.Thanks for the jira information, I have voted.

The issue, we've been told, will be bundled in with the server changes. The server changes themselves will not correct the problem...it will just be an opportunity to resove it at the same time...with broad implementation.

Thanks again for the answer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.