Lily V2 Skin (Belleza) and matching my shoes (mostly N-Core)

Galvana Gustafson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I really, really hope that someone can help me with this? I bought a new skin -- and by new, I mean new for me AND new from Belleza.  The skins do NOT match the shoes. I tried the auto-match on N-Core, but that didn't work.  The V1 Lily skins aren't the same as the V2 Lily skins.  I sent a NC to N-Core, and it took a while to hear from them. (In the meantime, I had weird-looking feet.)  I finallly did hear from N-Core, but she just suggested I change my viewer settings. I changed them, and the "Pale" was a little better. The "Medium" is not that great. And there isn't even a "Sun Kissed" option. Not sure about how the Tan will work. I never did hear back from Belleza.

I did want an avi (shape & skin) that not everyone had, but I forgot about the shoes matching!  This is turning out to be a major problem.  Any suggestions appreciated! 

Thanks so much!

I hope you bought it in Belleza's store inworld and not on the Marketplace? The Lily skin is from 2012 and it should be in the N-core skin base. Unfortunally there is fake stores who usually sell skins from a wide range of creators, they are copybotted skins and the skin tone can differ from the original.

If you bought it from Belleza inworld, that is great. But Belleza does not work with N-core, and so the N-core skin matching is done by testing the match for each skin tone in a certain viewer setting. N-core will not have the original skin files.  It will be a good match but not 100%. You will need to have Basic shaders and Atmospheric shaders checked and Local lights unchecked, and a neutal windlight setting.  

Belleza has no responsibility for the skin matching for N-core products. It would be courteous for them to send a standard reply though, and not just stay silent. But sometimes SL fails to deliver notecards or IMs are lost.

If N-core tested the skinmatching for Belleza and saw that the skin matched on their screen, you can't do much other than try to duplicate their graphic settings and windlight, or try to edit manually. I haven't bought N-core in a while, but I assume you can edit manually?

The Belleza Lily Version 2 is from 2012? The Lily Version 1 is in N-Core's base, but not Version 2. Lily Version 2 even has a new skin tone added, called Sun Kissed, that doen't appear in the shoe match at all. 

I did buy it from from the inworld store. It had the most visitors on the "search" so I would assume that it's the correct one. It was Belleza, and only Belleza. 

If Belleza and N-Core don't work together....

1.  Why is Belleza listed in the N-Core matches?

2.  Why are we not told, before OR after, that Belleza does not work with N-Core? (I have a TON of N-Core shoes, and this really puts a major damper on -- everything!)

3.  What are Belleza users supposed to wear on their feet? 

Thanks for replying, but I am very confused. And angry (not at you).

Thanks again...

P.S.

I always send notecards more than once... and I'm not sure I know what you mean by "manually?" Adjust the numbers myself? With no guide? I am LOUSY at that...  I make a mess of it, every time... 

Well, this month started out bad -- just got worse...  Lovely... 

If Belleza and N-Core don't work together....

1.  Why is Belleza listed in the N-Core matches?

What I think Marianne meant, and what in fact I usually understand by this, is that clothing/body part creators such as these try purchasing, or at least getting the demos of, a variety of the most popular skins, and then try to find the closest tint settings for each... precisely to save you, the customers, this chore which you yourself describe as hard. But what they can commit to, is to find the closest manual tinting... certainly not to provide a perfect textured extension of the Belleza skin; because, as Marianne said, they don't have these textures, and I don't imagine Belleza would be willing to provide them to pretty much anyone. So they (the N-core creators) have basically a list of preset tintings, that's all. It's not that close a collaboration, and indeed most people don't tend to assume it is. Both stores would make a far more explicit statement to that end, if that was the case.

2.  Why are we not told, before OR after, that Belleza does not work with N-Core? (I have a TON of N-Core shoes, and this really puts a major damper on -- everything!)

Because, as said, by default it just isn't assumed. Try seeing the logic of it: skin stores can't just go happily providing the actual textures they create to pretty much anyone who says it's a clothing / body parts creator. Even skin-textured body extension / clothing applier systems such as SLink's, don't work this way.

Thanks for the clarification; the way the original message came across originally was that other popular skin-makers (LAQ, etc) provided the information while Belleza chose not to.  That is what annoyed me.  I am NOT a builder (I lack the patience), and I know just enough about this stuff to get by. I never thought of how -- or if -- the RGB (& base) numbers were being relayed amongst the popularly recognized shoe makers and skin makers. It seems to me that it would benefit both of them when it came to consumer relations and making money. When I thought Belleza was the only hold-out, I was about to dump their stuff and start over. Again! (The matches for LAQ skins are a lot closer in N-Core, for some reason.)  Similarly, if N-Core were the only shoe maker not to have the matches, I would have dumped them for a brand that had them. 

As I stated before, I am a consumer, not a builder. But as a consumer, of course I am looking for products with the least amount of hassle. I spend a TON of money on my avi's appeararance. And I DO mean a ton...  If the skin makers wanted to do its buyers the favor of providing matches for things like shoes, I can promise you that I would pay quite handsomely for it. Make me sign a promissory note that I would NOT share the numbers, at risk of being thrown out of SL for a violation of some kind. Would it be so bad if our skins actually matched our shoes? It would make the skins look better; I can promise you that!

I'm still a bit upset that my skin doesn't match the dozens upon dozens of shoes in my inventory. I like the Lily V2. A lot. But I detest the skin-matching being so terribly off. I may have to dump Belleza anyway.

Thanks for your help, and patience with a non-builder...  I appreciate it.

If you ever get really sick of the skin matching...

just get slink feet and buy skins with slink feet appliers. It will always be a 100% match and your feet if wearing sandals or something will actually LOOK like feet.

Galvana Gustafson wrote:

Syn,

Thanks! I've looked at those before, but I see no means of wearing heels? Am I mistaken there too?

Thanks again!!

You are mistaken, which is in this case a very good thing lol! There is 3 different slink feets:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Slink-AvEnhance-Feet-Female-Mid/5546991

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Slink-AvEnhance-Feet-Female-Flat/5546975

and these here are perfect for all kinds of slink heels: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Slink-AvEnhance-Feet-Female-High/5573231

This is what you would do.

1. You check your Belleza skin and see if it came with a slink feet applier. If it didn't, go buy it, it should be 50-100L at the store though personally I only purchase skins that come with all the appliers already.

2. You buy the Female High Slink Feet. You equip them, and then you equip the applier of your skin. Bam, your feet are 100% matched and beautiful and will STAY that way no matter which slink heels you buy! One size fits all and no more needing to painstakingly match new shoes! 

3. You look for a pair of kickass Slink Heels, here's just a random pair of slink heels I found: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Eudora-3D-Harker-Heels-BBG-Slink-High-Copy-Boxed/5884655

Put them on and done!

PS: You can of course buy the mid feet if you'd rather go for lower heels it's entirely up to you. There's demo's for all three feet and 90% of the shoes have demo's too :) Just make sure that when you buy shoes you read if they come for the type of feet you bought, so you won't get shoes for flat slink feets when you own the high ones. Pretty simple!

PPS: Feel free to ask any questions you may still have :D

PPS: Slink Shoes generally are no more expensive than normal shoes. And ever since I got my own slink feet I would never EVER go back to wearing normal shoes. I just change my shoes and because of slink they will never look wrong :)

Syn Anatine wrote:

I just change my shoes and because of slink they will never look wrong
:)

Did you know that, in SL,  you never have to change your shoes because they don't wear out, and your feet never get stinky?

I think I'm entering my fourth year of wearing the same pair of sandals.

Efficiency for the win!

;-).

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Syn Anatine wrote:

I just change my shoes and because of slink they will never look wrong
:)

Did you know that, in SL,  you never have to change your shoes because they don't wear out, and your feet never get stinky?

I think I'm entering my fourth year of wearing the same pair of sandals.

Efficiency for the win!

;-).

Buuut buuuuut! *flails*

Okay, you got me there, I don't even know how to respond xD

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, sorry i'm a bit late in this...Galvana, Belleza skins LilyV1 and LilyV2 have exactly the same skin tones but different faces, the same RGB values are used to match both skins. As i told you in-world your issue was related to SL graphic settings and probably your windlight. I upload here some pictures showing the result matching the shoes through our skin match web system (Belleza Lily skin in medium and pale tone). That's the way the skin match should look for you with the settings that i provided you, if not feel free to contact me anytime. Ty

N-core Belleza skin Lily V2 (Medium tone).png

N-core Belleza skin Lily V2 (Pale Tone).png

Thank you Nuria! I think I have it fixed now... sometimes when I log off for a long while, when I log back in -- it's "off" again. Just gotta love SL! (any clue about the SunKissed matches?) (I *think* you have the Tan?)

Oh... and responding to a reply above this one: my SL feet DO stink and sweat! LOL! 

;-)

to the op, I feel your pain.  i love Beleeza skin but I hate their lack of interest in making their skin compatible with other products.  I finally had to dump them.  I had an older skin that I really liked and they didn't provide any support for it.  Then I couldn't find a newer one that looked as good on me.  It's really too bad. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.