Sign in to follow this  
Kain Bolissima

Why do I see invisible patches on myself and other avatars?

Question

My question here is are the invisible patches where you have prims attaches, such as hair, show forms, sleeves, etc.? If so, what you are seeing as a running problem with alpha textures. It has to do with the channels of the textures battleing with each other. You see the same thing happen with trees appearing to be coming through the walls of a house when you know it isn't. Since the majority of the textures in SL are alpha textures, there really isn't anything you can do about it other than live with it...Sorry.

I found that this only happens to me if I log on with Second Life in a reduced window, if I logon with the window maximized it doesn't happen. (So far anyway, fingers crossed)

psst don't tell anyone i told you so, but it's a conspiracy to reduce the number of skins and textures people are buying on the open market so they'll buy only 'approved' skins and whatnot from 'official' vendors to be named later .... but that may be just a rumor.