All window backgrounds become transparent when using camera

Beat Imako

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

The default setting for snapshots is to hide all the windows, titles, huds, etc.  If you wish to see those in your photo, click on the snapshot button and when the snapshot preview window appears, click on the More button.  Now you can choose to Show Interface in snapshot and Show HUD objects in snapshot.

Hope that helps!

--Cinn

• Like 1

Thanks for the response Cinnamon-

I understand what you say, but maybe further clarification is needed:  All I need to do is press the snapshot button in the lower toolbar to cause this - I'm not actually taking a shot (sort of like getting your camera ready, but not pressing the shutter release button)  Once I press the button (before taking the picture), all backgrounds go away.  In the hopes of resolving this, I switched back to the original color interface (Gray vs Silver) and it doesn't happen anymore.  Solved the problem but still I wonder at what I did to cause it in the first place.

Hello Beat, see this similar Question Re: Taking pictures for a possible cause.

pJIRA Snapshot to disk causes UI backgrounds to disappear

Please see Dawn Memorial added a comment  - 31/Jul/09 08:39

Inoticed this yesterday when I was trying to take a snapshot, Iremembered that I had enabled Show Color Under Cursor in the Advanced-> UI menu, I disabled it and after that it worked like a charm.

If you'd like to add your comment and vote, it will give useful information to the Developers.

..I switched back to the original color interface (Gray vs Silver) and it doesn't happen anymore.  

As Q Linden says on his recent Blog post Taking technical feedback from Residents

How the bug report is handled

After submitting an issue, you might want to point it out to some friends. People can vote for issues they care about. Linden Lab uses vote count to help point out the issues we should pay the most attention to. Vote count is not the only measure, of course, but all things being equal, an issue with more votes will get attention sooner.

pJIRA is a tool for residents to file new feature requests as well as bug reports (The "P" stands for Public.) An overview and common questions about pJIRA can be found in the Creating bug reports and feature requests in the Public Issue Tracker

How do I log in to the Tracker?

• Visit https://jira.secondlife.com and click the 'Log In' link on the top right of the page
  • On the login page, enter your Second Life username (Firstname Lastname) and password

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.