What do I do now since I've never used avatars before?

kittie Irelund

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5288 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

First I would suggest you use the search on the bottom of your screen and search for the Bright AO. It is free and has really nice animations so you don't have to do the Linden duck walk. Next, you can keep the original avi you have or start tricking in out. A good way to do that is to join several Midnight Mania groups. That way you can get a variety of skins, avatars, clothes, buildings, etc and get to know some of the stores around. There are also a number of hunts going on where you go from store to store looking for a hidden object of some kind that will have a free gift from the store, which is another way of getting to know the grid and what is available out there. I have found some of my favorite stores from a grid hunt.Again, using your search, look under events and then search under education. There are a number of classes offered by NCI, among others, that give you a lot of information about SL and what to do. You can also look under Showcase for some of the places to go to in SL.  From there, use your imagination and have fun.

Hello Kittie, welcome to Second Life

As well as Tempest's great suggestions, try The Basics and the Video Tutorials from What Next? at the top of this page.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5288 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.