Sign in to follow this  
JeremyAtticusFinch

Group is gone

Question

If you were the only member of the group, it would have vanished within 48 hours. That's how you kill a group.  Once it's dead, you can't get it back and, as you discovered, you can't reuse the name either. 

For future reference.... When you create a group, invite your alt (not your partner) to be a co-owner of the group to guarantee that it will always have two members.  Why your alt?  Because your alt is probably the only person in the world you can trust completely.  A group owner can never be forced out of the role, so that's an imprtant consideration.  :smileywink:

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

I recently created a group named "Toys in the Atticus" which happens to be the same name as my Marketplace store. I created a "pet name" tag that my girlfirend enjoyed and likes me to wear. This was about a week ago.

I logged in 2 days ago and noticed my tag was missing so I went to check on my group and found that it was missing as well.

I tried to recreate the group but SL tell me that a group with that name already exists. I tried to search for the group, but nothing with that name appears in search.

How do I get my group back?

If you were the only member of the group, it would have vanished within 48 hours. That's how you kill a group.  Once it's dead, you can't get it back and, as you discovered, you can't reuse the name either. 

For future reference.... When you create a group, invite your alt (not your partner) to be a co-owner of the group to guarantee that it will always have two members.  Why your alt?  Because your alt is probably the only person in the world you can trust completely.  A group owner can never be forced out of the role, so that's an imprtant consideration.  :smileywink:

• Like 1