can't open any thing on my land.....

devilgyrl Denver

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

12 answers to this question

What so you mean by "open"?  Do you mean you cannot create an object on your land, or that once rezzed, you cannot "open" the object to copy contents to inventory?  Or, do you mean something else?  If you cannot create an object, prehaps your land settings have changed.  There were problems with SL earlier, so if those are still occuring on your land, maybe restart your sim.  Good luck.

Hello Devilgyrl, can you use the About Land window Objects How can I get more prims on my land? to see who owns the Objects on your Land. If you still have problems and you rent the Land, you will need to contact the Land owner. If you are the owner then you will need to submit a Ticket with Support at https://support.secondlife.com/ Perhaps the Region needs restarting.

KB_Object_Usage.jpg

For Owned by parcel owner, Set to group, and Owned by others, you can click Show next to each tally to view exactly which objects are included.

icons_parature_caution.jpg

Caution: A Region can only support 15,000 prims and an Open Space can hold 3,750 prims. (an Object Bonus setting of 1.0)  The Object Bonus setting does not increase the total number of prims the Region supports; if the total number of prim in the region exceeds 15,000, no new objects will be allowed to rez, regardless of a local parcel's limits.

Hope this helps

why ever would you need to rezz hair or a dress? just wear them. Or do you mean you received a box with the item inside and need to open it? Very odd way to receive hair.

It is VERY possible that the hair is comprised of over 150 prims. if you are trying to rezz a skirt, i've seen skirts have more than 150 parts... Have you tried just creating ONE prim? see if that works for you. Also -- are you wearing your tag? You may need one to rezz anything on your land.

Is your land group owned? If it is, and object creation is disabled on the parcel, you might have to wear your group tag to be able to rez objects.

Message was edited by: Nicky PattersonEdit: I just read the post properly. Ignore what I just said LOL. Sometimes I get that message too but it fixes itself after a while. It could be a problem at LL's end.

It is also possible that the box the dress is in has more than 150 parts, odd but true. Try going to a sandbox to rez the box and see how many prims it is. Some vendors, it seems, are spending more time and effort on their boxes than the items in them. I have opened boxes that the box itself is 80 prims and the outfit inside sucks. Just a thought.

I've had the same problems with my land at times and it may take a few tries before it works or I just stop and wait for an hour or so and then try again. It was also suggested that you go to a sandbox and try to rezz it. I have had to do that quite a few times and if it will still not rezz in the sand box I would contact the seller and ask if they have had any problems like that. If everything above fails then you should open a ticket with LL.

Hope this helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.