Sign in to follow this  
Janna Harsley

Groups not showing in list, and TP causes crash!

Question

4 answers to this question

I have a Nvidia GeForce, which I have been running for a long time with no problems.  Everything was working fine til this afternoon and I came on and had no groups, then could not TP anywhere. Everytime I tried it would crash me.  I also have no option for sound or media now either.

Hello Janna, before you log into Second Life please Clear the Cache from Outside Second LifeYou can check the Disk Cache location from the login screen Edit > Preferences > Network.

Log into Region Pooley or Aqua, see How to appear in a different location upon login and let your Inventory fully load.

Please check for any network connection issues How do I check for packet loss (network lag)?

For teleporting issues, see Question Re: Cannot teleport for suggestions.

Hope some of this helps

A possible fix for this issue has been reported on pJIRA, the Bug Tracker.

Try double-clicking the clock in the Windows system tray (in the lower-right corner of the screen), and verify the full date and time. It's possible that your secure login is failing due to an incorrect date/time on your computer.

While you're logged into Second Life, you're connecting to several different parts of the Second Life servers (for the region you're in, your inventory, your cash balance, etc.) It's possible to get disconnected from some parts of Second Life and not others.

Hope this helps