Groups not showing in list, and TP causes crash!

Janna Harsley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Since today, I have no longer have any groups showing in my list, and each time I try to TP somewhere, anywhere, I get logged out of SL.  I have completely uninstalled SL and reinstalled it deleting the User Settings folder before doing so...no change.  Also, if I log my  husbands avie in on my computer, it has the same issues.  So, I'm thinking it must be related to my viewer or computer.  Anyone help me on this?

4 answers to this question

I have a Nvidia GeForce, which I have been running for a long time with no problems.  Everything was working fine til this afternoon and I came on and had no groups, then could not TP anywhere. Everytime I tried it would crash me.  I also have no option for sound or media now either.

Hello Janna, before you log into Second Life please Clear the Cache from Outside Second LifeYou can check the Disk Cache location from the login screen Edit > Preferences > Network.

Log into Region Pooley or Aqua, see How to appear in a different location upon login and let your Inventory fully load.

Please check for any network connection issues How do I check for packet loss (network lag)?

For teleporting issues, see Question Re: Cannot teleport for suggestions.

Hope some of this helps

A possible fix for this issue has been reported on pJIRA, the Bug Tracker.

Try double-clicking the clock in the Windows system tray (in the lower-right corner of the screen), and verify the full date and time. It's possible that your secure login is failing due to an incorrect date/time on your computer.

While you're logged into Second Life, you're connecting to several different parts of the Second Life servers (for the region you're in, your inventory, your cash balance, etc.) It's possible to get disconnected from some parts of Second Life and not others.

Hope this helps

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.