Emerald viewer and voice

Kwant Capalini

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok folks I have finally taken the plunge having read stuff of late about how good Emerald is, lots of stuff to learn etc. The one thing I thought would be easy enough to do was to enable voice as I have been using voice with the standard viewer for as long as I have been in SL near enough. I just do not seem to be able to get it to work in Emerald. When I go to prefs voice chat the device settings window does not give me the options to choose the headset I use for input output and the little talk thing bottom right of my viewer is not lit at all. If I fiddle with stuff the local chat window tells me I have been disconnected from voice but hmmmm it never seemed to work in the first place. Any ideas?

19 answers to this question

In addition to the viewer installer, you must download and install additional software to enable voice functionality, as well as to enable some graphics features. Someone more involved in developing the viewers would be more qualified to explain why, and what gets installed. But the additional files to download and install are:

For Windows: http://greenlifeemeraldviewer.googlecode.com/files/Emerald_Viewer_1.23.5.x.Windows.Voice.exe

For Mac: http://greenlifeemeraldviewer.googlecode.com/files/VoicePatchEmerald.dmg

There is a second download on the page where you downloaded the viewer that you have to download and install as well to get the voice. The voice system is proprietory and has to be done separately as a plugin. If you go back to the original page where you downloaded the Emerald viewer you will see the second download for the viewer.

Just download and install it and voice is back.

• Like 1

First question would be... did you download the seperate voice package from them?  You get the viewer seperate from the voice/sound pack.

Two, did you install the Voice pack after installing the viewer?

Three, have you rebooted your computer after the install?

Below is the Windows download links:  The third one / bottom most is the voice pack.

http://modularsystems.sl/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=1:installer-win&Itemid=5

Maybe somebody can help me too, i am too using the Emerald viewer. I do have voice but in general chat it disconnects every 5 minutes and i have to reconnect it again. When voicing in IM it gives no problems though, it stays connected as long as the call lasts. Would anybody have an idea why it disconnects every 5 minutes and how to solve it? My OS is Vista.Thanks!

maybe someone here can help me. i had emerald viewer and i had to wipe my laptop but now when i go to the link that i got it from it says that it is no longer there. and the sites that i have gone to that do have it when i load the viewer into my laptop it tells me there is a mess up in the configuration. i really liked the emerald viewer alot. and now that i am back to using the regular sl viewer i see what i big differance emerald viewer.

They just release a new version today, you can read this in modular systems blog;

The latest and greatest version of Emerald is now out.  If you downloaded 1101 earlier and had problems with voice, please get this new update. Also, you may notice that their are no longer voice packs for these downloads.  This is because they are no longer needed (YAY!)  The windows installer will automatically download and copy over the extra files you need from Linden Lab's server.

This is all just "great", just one little tiny problem, and rthat is every single link I just spent the better part of the last hour following around shows that VoicePatchEmerald.dmg file is 404 not found, that includes th emodularsystems url, the google code urls and;

Not Found

The requested URL /p/greenlifeemeraldviewer/downloads/detail?name=VoicePatchEmerald.dmg was not found on this server.

http://greenlifeemeraldviewer.googlecode.com/files/VoicePatchEmerald.dmg

After this time not one of the people in charge of the hosting of the files has noticed all the not found errors or gotten notice to fix the missing file problem?

Really amazing how no one in development noticed dropping the "greenlife" off the name screwed up the patch so it no longer works?

That is beyond me totally that someone didn't figure that out, it's like BASIC computer stuff- you change a file name like that and pointers to it don't find it any more because the path has changed, duh!

ummm..

If you were downloading the right file from the right source it automatically fetches and installs the right files from the right source. better uninstall everything and then change all your passwords pronto.

Hopefully they won't mind me quoting this:

Voice in Windows should be downloaded by the installer. There is no voice pack for Macintosh at this time.

http://modularsystems.sl/downloads.html

Use at your own risk.

Hopefully they won't mind me quoting this:

Voice in Windows should be downloaded by the installer. There is no voice pack for Macintosh at this time.

http://modularsystems.sl/downloads.html

Yes, thats what it SAYS there but given how infrequently things seem to be updated as far as links and all, and going by the fact I HAD voice patch on the version 673.

According to these there IS  Mac voice patch for 950, but the file PATH comes up 404 not found, so you tell us if you can what the story is?

I didnt enter any passwords or info nor install anything at all, all I got was broken links on every site below, and some of these were links from HERE;

Modular Systems

Emerald_Viewer_1.23.5.950.intel.dmg (60.39 MB). Details. Download · Emerald_Viewer_1.23.5.950.ppc.dmg (63.64 MB). Details. Download · VoicePatchEmerald.dmg ...

modularsystems.sl/index.php/plugins/.../index.php?... - Cached

Discussion

I guess you mean the VoicePatch.dmg linked from Hyang's blog, right? ... Double-click the dmg so that it opens a Finder window. Then double-click VoicePatch ...

modularsystems.sl/index.php?option=com_agora&task=topic..

Hyang.Zhao - Project Hosting on Google Code

VoicePatchEmerald.dmg (Emerald 1.23.5.950 Mac Voice Patcher) file uploaded. Oct 18, 2009. greenlifeeme...ldviewer · VoicePatchEmerald.dmg (Emerald ...

code.google.com/u/Hyang.Zhao/updates

lordgreggreg - Project Hosting on Google Code

... to make the playback work better. please download and install http://greenlifeemeraldviewer.googlecode.com/files/VoicePatchEmerald.dmg or check here for ...

code.google.com/u/lordgreggreg/updates

Emerald950Release - greenlifeemeraldviewer - Emerald v950 Release ...

Oct 19, 2009 ... For voice and higher performance, also install the pack here. http://greenlifeemeraldviewer.googlecode.com/files/VoicePatchEmerald.dmg ...

code.google.com/p/greenlifeemeraldviewer/.../Emerald950Release

Oct 25, 2009 ... The old VoicePatch.dmg broke because the "Greenlife" was dropped from the name. There is a new VoicePatchEmerald.dmg in the download area ...

modularsystems.sl/index.php/plugins/index.../index.php?.

Like it says, there WAS a voice patch there for 950, the file name and url were included;

There is a new VoicePatchEmerald.dmg in the download area ...

modularsystems.sl/index.php/plugins/index.../index.php?.

But when I browsed that whole download section and found the file name url to download it, the files are GONE or else the path to them is flummoxed up.

Using the very link in the above post made in Oct 22  by Must Packiers,

For Mac: http://greenlifeemeraldviewer.googlecode.com/files/VoicePatchEmerald.dmg

I get this;

Not Found

The requested URL /files/VoicePatchEmerald.dmg was not found on this server.

It's not that the patch doesnt work or that there isnt one according to the other page, its that the file is either gone or the path is screwed up. All I know is Ive read in several places and several sources the urls to get the voice patch for Mac Emerald version .950, so obviously there must BE one if multiple sources are pointing to it, unless they found some fault or bug in it and took it off the site, but I didnt find anything to that effect.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.