Auto accept animation advice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I use RLV, I have it set to auto, of course I still have to say yes to let objects animate me. I'd love to know if there's a way to automate that. I found this script that seems like it would do just that but I have no idea how to use it.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Toy_Wylie/RLV_Documentation/acceptpermission

I created the script, and attached it to an object that I'm wearing, no effect. I know nothing about scripting or how they work either. Does anyone have any advice on making it work or an alternative method to get what I want?

So I use RLV, I have it set to auto, of course I still have to say yes to let objects animate me. I'd love to know if there's a way to automate that. I found this script that seems like it would do just that but I have no idea how to use it.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Toy_Wylie/RLV_Documentation/acceptpermission

I created the script, and attached it to an object that I'm wearing, no effect. I know nothing about scripting or how they work either. Does anyone have any advice on making it work or an alternative method to get what I want?

The RLV @acceptpermission command only works for PERMISSION_ATTACH and PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS.   It doesn't work for PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION, which is what you want.

You say you have "it" set to auto.  I assume "it" is your RLV relay.   That can be used to force sit you on items without your permission and then, if the item on which you're sitting contains the animation, the animation will play automatically (the script still has to ask for PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION, but it's automatically and silently granted if you're sitting on the object).   So if you're force-seated on an object that uses a no-pose-ball system, such as nPose or AvSitter, you'll get the results you want.    

However, if the item rezzes poseballs as needed (MLPV or Xpose) then you can't avoid being asked for permission to animate you (that's because the animations aren't in the pose ball; they're in a prim that rezzes the poseballs).     There's no work-round for that, I'm sorry to say.

If you have any more questions about scripting RLV, it might be better to ask them in the Scripting Forum, where they're probably more likely to be seen by people who know about RLV scripts than they are here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.