Whay are some landmarks in my inventory red?

Zardoz Firanelli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This is one thing I've allways wondered and every time I've asked someone, I've never been able to find anyone that knows the answer to. We've made wild guesses, but still can't figure out what the red landmark pin icons represent over the blue ones. I've even made some myself that turned out red, and I have no idea why they show up like that?

So anyone know what the red colour for a landmark designates?

We thought it might have meant ot was group owned, adult, given to you by the owner, locked down to a landing point etc, but in each case these obviously were incorrect. I'm sure this is in help someplace, but it was kind of fun to try to figure it out because it seems to be random.

8 answers to this question

It's a broken feature.

Once upon a time, red LMs were supposed to represent places you hadn't visited yet, and blue landmarks places that you'd been to.  But the colors no longer correspond to anything at all.

I think there is a long-standing JIRA issue on this.  It's been that way for more than two years now, though, so don't hold your breath.

Well this is really interesting. I've never, ever had a blue landmark. I just have two different shades of red.

I had guessed one was for LMs given to you and one for LMs you created. I wonder why I don't have blue ones, though...

I guess we're calling the faded/blue ones by two different names, though, after looking at the KB. I was really wondering there for a minute.

Message was edited by: Kinani Exonar to add "I guess..."

I have nothing to substantiate this, like a KB for instance, but I believe the bright red ones are the official SIM landing spot and the dull red ones are other locations around a SIM. The official ones are found in search and other SL functions. Also the dull red ones are usually made by the users.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.