How to give a premium account to someone?

Daisy Overlord

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recall once upon a time that there was a link someplace on the secondlife.com site to "Give the gift of Second Life", but it seems to have disappeared.  So how would I go about accomplishing this now? Surely LL would like my money, so that I can surprise the person who gave me my First Life with a premium account of her own.

4 answers to this question

I'm not certain you can pay for someone elses account anymore... a friend of mine had problems paying for their membership a month back and others were willing to pay to get her out of the jam she was in - apparently they weren't allowed.

That said I'd try asking the Billing deparment, if anyone would know for sure the people who take care of that sort of thing would.  Here's the number:

If you have a non-technical issue with your account you can also call our Billing team at:

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long Distance

Well if you can't do something one way, there's always alernatives... just don't take no for an answer lol.

If memory serves a premium membership is $9.95US... which I know if come due date if I don't feel like putting it on my credit card - i can pay for it using lindens.  All I need do is go to the Linden TradeX page and sell the $9.95 equivalent in lindens, and the credit goes straight to payoff my membership.  Even if she had to apply herself, you chipping in for that first month and giving her some sl greeting card saying 'welcome premium resident...' - is still you doing it for them.  Right?    -grins-

One way or another if it's a gift you want to give, i'm sure you'll manage. 

I had a look around and couldn't find it either. I believe it used to be attached to our account page. I don't recall seeing an announcement that they were doing away with it. If you decide to contact LL about it, perhaps let us know what you find out?

There also was a feature where you could send a postcard to a friend suggesting they check out Second Life, but I don't see that either. You would get referral bonuses if they signed up for premium membership.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.