Sign in to follow this  
ToddSweeneyX

Any scripts to make me appear behind my chair instead of on top of my dinner table when I stand?

Question

This problem usually happens when your seats are situated too close to an object. One solution is to move the chair slightly away from the table, or rotate it slightly at and angle until it doesnt happen anymore. Or you can  try setting the table to phantom. Thats always been my solution. As far as a "Stand from seated" script.. I'm not aware of any.

• Like 2

4 answers to this question

This problem usually happens when your seats are situated too close to an object. One solution is to move the chair slightly away from the table, or rotate it slightly at and angle until it doesnt happen anymore. Or you can  try setting the table to phantom. Thats always been my solution. As far as a "Stand from seated" script.. I'm not aware of any.

• Like 2

No. You only would have to make the animations starting behind the chair /whatever... But that would be the job of the creators. Scriptwise you can't do anything. I am not aware at least. Fu's suggestions are pretty good, if the furniture is modify.

• Like 1

Hi Todd,

Rez a cube, make it the same x/y size as the table or bar, but about 2 meters taller. Co-locate the cube with your table/bar, then set it transparent. Now, when avatars unsit, they'll hit the invisible cube and be bounced backwards, behind their chairs. If the bar or table is too narrow, avatars will be bounced to the far side of the cube upon standing, because the avatar center will be on the far side of the invisible cube's center of mass.

The only way to know if this will work in your particular situation is to try it!

Good luck!