Camera gone wild!

Joshua McCallister

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok guys Im lost and need you help! I ran into a bit of lag just now. So bad that I couldnt walk. So I hit ctrl+Q and logged out. When I relogged my camera has gone awry. Its like its stuck on this retarded pan and zoom. I really dont know how to explain it but Ill try. You know how when you're camming around to view things... and you click on something that is transparent... when you scroll in or out you get that weird zoom until you pan out and click off of that object. Well my cam is stuck like that. I've looked through the advanced features and searched for camera in the help section to no avail. Could someone please help me out. It makes it really hard to do anything with the cam stuck like this. I;ve been a member since 2006 and have never seen my cam do this. Thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

Like you I've searched everything including the knowledge base, precious little found so far other than the obvious:

Press Esc at any time to snap the camera back to your avatar (same as View > Reset View). Moving your avatar also resets the camera.

-or-

Hold down the Alt, Alt-Ctrl, and Alt-Ctrl-Shift keys while clicking-and-holding your mouse to camscan around a scene.
View menu > Camera Controls is another way to fine-tune your shot.
Also under the View menu, Ctrl-0 and Ctrl-8 zoom in and out. Ctrl-9 resets.

Best help I am is suggesting if you reinstall SL you go back to default everything, as we wait for someone smarter to post lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.