Suddenly Unplayable

Jarcu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So everything was fine, tried to tp to a friends place, popped in but stuff didn't want to finish loading so I re-logged. Couldn't log back in, failed on requesting region capabilities. I did a few compuer restarts and now I can log in, but it takes all 3 tries on the capability request before logging me in, then when I get in, some of my avi loads, other parts stay grey, same with the world, some objects load, some stay grey and some stay invisible, it loads fine but at a certain point it just decides to stop loading any more. I can move around but teleporting crashes me. I cleared my cache but it makes no difference and the problem affects multiple viewers.

So everything was fine, tried to tp to a friends place, popped in but stuff didn't want to finish loading so I re-logged. Couldn't log back in, failed on requesting region capabilities. I did a few compuer restarts and now I can log in, but it takes all 3 tries on the capability request before logging me in, then when I get in, some of my avi loads, other parts stay grey, same with the world, some objects load, some stay grey and some stay invisible, it loads fine but at a certain point it just decides to stop loading any more. I can move around but teleporting crashes me. I cleared my cache but it makes no difference and the problem affects multiple viewers.

An update on the situation from Linden Labs WOULD be nice. It's been quite a number of years since I've found myself unable to successfully log into the grid, or have my avatar load inworld, for more than just a couple of hours. Something major must be going on with one or more of their server locations... or maybe the NSA is just busy reading all our chat logs?

So even though the grid status RSS feed says the problem is resolved, my avatar is still not rezzing, textures aren't loading, my inventory opens and I see all my items but can't wear or remove them. Can't teleport, and the people menu can't even load the names of my friends and contacts. Cleared my cache--twice--and it's still not working. Guess I'll go to sleep and see if LL has the problem really fixed by tomorrow morning.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.