Can't log in second life

Zixie Mode

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I need a anser.I had a account as Zixie Aldrin,i play'd second life,and then i was logged out and i couldn't log in,i try't many times but nothing,i cancled that account and now i have another account,now im Zixie Mode,but i even can't log in now,i alway's get a error messege like this: Second life canot be acessed from this computer,now i can't even start playing second life,help me !

11 answers to this question

If Secondlife isn't allowing that computer to connect and is saying just that, sounds like someone who uses that computer has been banned (my impression from the error message is it's more LL saying the computer isn't allowed access more than it is the computer cannot access...)

Whether I'm right or wrong best bet is to contact LL and ask why you can't login, here's how:

Why does Second Life say "You cannot log into Second Life from this location"?

This error message generally indicates you have been blocked from the Second Life servers by Linden Lab. These blocks may be automatically placed as the result of:

• Documented cases of fraud
  • Use of Second Life by a minor
  • Exceptionally flagrant abuse activity

Note that these actions may not have occurred on the account you are attempting to log in with!

The most common circumstances that result in this message are:

• Someone in your household has committed one of the "bad acts" listed above
  • Someone in your household has used a Second Life account belonging to another person, who has committed a "bad act" listed above
  • Someone in your household has provided their Second Life account and password to another person, who has committed a "bad act" listed above

So what can I do about this message?

You can submit a Support ticket via the Support portal. To ensure that Support can best determine what block has been placed and why it was added, be sure to include in the ticket your Second Life account name, as well as any Second Life accounts that log in from that location.

First bit of advice is to contact LL as advised and see if this is really the reason you can't login... you can't solve the problem if you don't know whats going on.

If you aren't blocked, thats a good thing... if it is you'll have to try resolving things... either way submitting a ticket to Support gets the process started.

• Like 1

Your quite right Alba. Second Life is NOT a game. It is a 3D World created by it's members. However, originally it was "marketed" and still listed on Wikipedia, as an on-line game. Indeed, we are REAL PEOPLE with REAL FEELINGS and blood. As for you Zixie, the best thing to do in your case IS contact LL, create a ticket and get the help you are intitled to. Good luck in resolving your issue. See you in World!   Cheers.

Did anything happen the last time you were on SL to possibly cause a ban? Did you do anything illegal/against the TOS? Also, try logging on to your account at like your library if you have a laptop with SL installed on it. If you can't get on there then you've been completely banned. If you can, then your IP has probably changed and it's an IP that is banned by LL because of someone else.

Also, you have to wait a while for them to respond to support tickets. It isn't "Send ticket in and immediately your problems are resolved" it's "Send ticket in, wait for response, beg, wait for another response, beg some more, if the problem gets fixed fine if not, repeat" It's one big waiting game with LL...

Zixie.Mode wrote:

But did you know that those ''pepol'' are really nasty and mean

Umm... Can you be more specific on 'how' "those pepol" are really nasty and mean? Everyone I've seen that's replied to you has been very courteous. There's a lot more nice people on SL than there are mean ones. Just gotta find the right group to be in.

I hope you get back on SL if you're just an innocent person who got banned accidentally, but if you did something against the TOS and got banned legitimately then it's your own fault.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.