export from SL to Blender?

canobu Almodovar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, I was wondering if they are any some kind of way to export from blender to sl

i dislike my shop design, and it is a lot of prims SL,,, would be great  be able to export some pieces from SL to blender for use as references and remodel with his bake of oclusion maps, lightmaps,,,  looking as a result, improved appearance, and lower consumption of prim.

Thanks!

Hi all, I was wondering if they are any some kind of way to export from blender to sl

i dislike my shop design, and it is a lot of prims SL,,, would be great  be able to export some pieces from SL to blender for use as references and remodel with his bake of oclusion maps, lightmaps,,,  looking as a result, improved appearance, and lower consumption of prim.

Thanks!

Actually Firestorm will export sculpts that are NOT yours. But it really doesn't matter as they are so VERY heavy when they become mesh (at least the ones I exported) they are basically useless (I mean REALLY). I was never in the sculpt camp LOL.  

FS works very well and will export your textures (ones you uploaded not full perm ones). Using an existing prim build as a size model works well. The prim items do not come into Blender well as they have many more triangles than a mesh cube would. So good for some things, not so good for others.

A MESH build does just fine.  All builds (mesh or prim) export as a linkset. Only mesh joined before uploading will export in one piece.

Now and then texture mapping is incorrect. There are some posts on this in the last few weeks if you look through this forum.

• Like 1

Sin título-3.jpgSin título-2.jpgSin título-1.jpgthank you very much for the tips and tricks, that's fantastic phoenix can export in collada, I forgot to post the result. well this is just a first test, very basic texture. Now to make the texture resolution divide whole mesh in different parts each with its UV (floor, wall, ceiling,,), seriously I love blender <3

Along the way, you will need to make a physic model if you haven't done that. While some platforms make correct physics for you (some with no cost in the upload equation :D) SL does NOT.

There are lots of examples of how to make a physics shape on this forum if you need to know how to do that. You might also want to test the floor and make sure that you are standing ON it not way above it and that you don't fall through anywhere.

I just noted on Hellish Wednesday (yesterday) that some previous find floors made by top builders now have me floating two feet above the floor (well maybe 18 inches). For that reason (even though Drongle taught me long ago how to make a "correct" floor *wink* I sometimes just a REAL prim for flooring. It is a pain when your Good floor goes Bad on a whim.

Have fun.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.