missing inventory

Tharae Alter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i had an issue with my computer and ended up having to format my harddrive, now that i am back up and running again i have lost a lot of stuff out of my inventory, in particular items i have created, does anyone have any suggestions in regard to why this may have happened and how i can get it back

8 answers to this question

oh thank god I'm not the only one!!!

Just got back from having to reformat my hard drive due to being smacked with 76 hellah viruses...and now a good 45% of my inventory is gone..poof...empty folders......

I have noticed that some of my stuff is slowly making it way back....sloooooowly.....2 weeks back in world and maybe 5 of those folders have gotten their contents back....I don't know what advice to give you but to wait it out and see what returns....and what doesn't.....

I've heard people in the past mention loosing stuff and sending a lot of trans info to LL and they got their stuff back...but for the amount that's missing in my inventory...my god...that would take forever to compile...so for now I'm just playing with the 56,000 items I have left and just wait for the rest to find their way home...*shrug*

Hope you have better luck then me:)

Inventory is stored on the assert servers and a local formatting of your harddrive should not affect them. Sometimes the inventory listed in your viewer is not in sync with the assert server (messed up cache). The following page provides a couple of useful hints to recover your inventory and lost items: Inventory Recovery Steps http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_Recovery_Steps.

Good luck, Cobra

Meila.Solo wrote:

I am on the same boat as Divine. I tried all the inventory steps and it has done nothing. I have seen that 7 items has made it back in my inventory since yesterday. Hoping a wait will do the thing and all 10k items will somehow make it back.

*sighs*

i followed the inventory recovery steps listed above and cleared my cache, then rebooted my computer and slowly things started reappearing, within 24 hours all of my inventory items had been returned

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.