Why Multiple Logins ?

Morgan Underwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm looking at my screen, faced with three instances I've had to log in to various pages on the SL website: Commerce Forums, My Dashboard, and now for SL Blogs.

Why the burning need for multiple logins? Why not let a single login suffice for access to the entire site. It's not that big a deal, but I'm gettting tired of having to log in for this or that every time I go to a new page, when my login info is already there.

Somebody help me out on this please- any good reason for it?

6 answers to this question

Remember Me has never worked so far with SL Blogs on my computer (yes cookies are enabled!), and since Firefox steadily keeps crashing when opening a new tab for posting a comment, I must log in 3 or 4 times as an average per session. This should REALLY be investigated and corrected by the Lab.

Thibaud.Merlin wrote:

Remember Me has never worked so far with SL Blogs on my computer (yes cookies are enabled!), and since Firefox steadily keeps crashing when opening a new tab for posting a comment, I must log in 3 or 4 times as an average per session. This should REALLY be investigated and corrected by the Lab.

mmm, odd.  I also use Firefox and I have not had to log into SL Blogs now for weeks.  I have the crash problem that sounds similar to yours.  FireFox will crash when opening the edit window java app, particularly if I've been online for awhile.  Once I restart it, its fine (and I don't have to log in after the restart so the cookie seems to work for me)  Since I tend to push my computer to the limit with open windows I assume some type of memory leak problem.  I keep promising myself I'll try to tweak FireFox to try to fix the problem but never get around to it.  And I will admit it IS annoying.  Sometimes I just don't bother posting because I know I will have to restart all my FireFox sessions.

Thibaud.Merlin wrote:

For want of a better phrase, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with firefox crashing, it's driving me nuts!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.