IPHONE

girlsix Moonites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Another method not mentioned is to use your iPhone in conjunction with your PC.  Download the VNC server for your computer from http://www.realvnc.com, and download the VNC client software for your iPhone.  Then, you can VNC to your computer's desktop and run the full viewer on your PC from your iPhone with images streamed to the iPhone via the VNC client/server system.  It works best if you shrink your SL client viewer down so that the window is about the size of the iPhone display.  With that, I was able to get 1-2 frames per second, which is horrible by normal standards, but despite it being a bit of a slideshow rather than 60 frames per second, it's still not too bad, and you get full graphics.  I managed to make a box, although I wouldn't reccommend trying to seriously build, but you can easily sit in a room or wherever and chat with friends, and perform most basic functions fairly easy, and with graphics.  Also, it's the only way to get full graphical support.

As far as the iPhone apps that already exist, I don't see much point buying one because pretty much the same functionality is available via ajaxlife.net, and it's free, and easily ran on an iPhone via the safair browser.  The web page is even iPhone aware and reacts more like an app than a web page, it is easy to get to, requires no downloading, and you can create an icon directly to the web page on your home screen as well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.