How does one report a post in this blog/forum?

Miro Collas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

The closest to an answer I've found... according to SL Community Standards... http://secondlife.com/corporate/cs.php

All Second Life Community Standards apply to all areas of Second Life, the Second Life Forums, and the Second Life Website.

Reporting Abuse

Residents should report violations of the Community Standards using the Abuse Reporter tool located under the Help menu in the in-world tool bar. We review these abuse reports, and the identity of the reporter is kept strictly confidential.

• Like 1

yvw, my pleasure.  It was a combined effort lol, I did some asking around and my reply seems to be the only answer everyone agrees on... with no moderators or 'report as inappropriate' buttons, we're all falling back on the 'report as abuse of community standards' senario.

The only other thought I had was there was one thread in Q&A that ended-up being more of a discussion, the thread got locked as a result by Lexie Linden... she might have some input into things on the forum.  You could try sending her a PM outlining the concern, albeit you might just end up getting a 'report as abuse' answer in return.

Silly perhaps, but if it's not an abuse issue (the reason for 'reporting' being unknown) that would negate the need for an AR; in lieu of anyone else coming to mind contacting a Linden who has exercised influence with these forums (closest thing to a mod i've seen) about an issue pertaining to the forums seems a reasonable alternative... barring any other ideas of course.

Unklebob.Hotaling wrote:

Silly perhaps, but if it's not an abuse issue (the reason for 'reporting' being unknown) that would negate the need for an AR; in lieu of anyone else coming to mind contacting a Linden who has exercised influence with these forums (closest thing to a mod i've seen) about an issue pertaining to the forums seems a reasonable alternative... barring any other ideas of course.

I meant silly in the sense that reporting a post for something doesn't necessarily mean abuse. Reporting a post can include things like posting in the wrong category or advertising when you shouldn't be advertising. I don't see that as warranting filing an Abuse Report. I would think (and hope) that ARs against your account hold more significance over reports for posting in the wrong forum .

Now if someone is truly being abusive in the forums and attacking people personally, and one feels it warrants an Abuse Report, by all means, that option is available.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.