Unable to 'teleport'.

Analeigh Foxdale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm new to SL, but am familiar with how these sort-of world's work... but I have a problem. I can't teleport.
I've tried numerous times to visit shops. As in, going to search, typing something in, going to a result and clicking 'teleport'. No loading page, nothing.. I'm pretty much stuck at the Newbie place.  I am using the latest IE.

My computer specs:

Windows XP Home Edition SP2, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), 250 GB (hard drive), Gigabyte Motherboard 965P-DS3, NIVIDA GeForce 9500 GT.

Thanks in advance.
(Let me know if there's any other information you need).

1 answer to this question

Hello Analeigh, welcome to Second Life

Are you on one of the Help Islands, where you first 'landed' after registering your Account ? If you are, then teleporting is disabled on the Help Islands. Please  click on the "Enter Second Life" sign near the central landing point, or on the "Ready to explore more of Second Life" sign under the green beacon to receive a Landmark to a Welcome Area. Use the Landmark and once you are in a Welcome Area the teleport button in Search should work.

You could also use the suggestions in this article in Knowledge Base How to appear in a different location upon login

There lots of useful articles in Knowledge Base, especially in the section Second Life for Beginners and in the Video Tutorials

See How do I teleport somewhere? and BASICS: Teleporting & landmarks

Hope this helps : )

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.