Is there a problem with ATI Radeon HD 4670 video card and SL

Yannick Ragu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Yannick, if you were seeing the same graphic distortions reported on this issue in pJIRA "Rendering glitches: triangle glitches, vertex tears, etc. on some ATI cards with VBO on please check for updates to your Graphics Card drivers, as suggested by BlckCobra Shikami.

Brad Linden added a comment  - 23/Sep/09 03:05 PM 

The word from ATI is that the Catalyst 9.9drivers have a fix specifically intended to solve these VBO relatedtriangle glitches.

Any comments on whether the updated drivers worked or didn't work for you would give useful information to the Developers.

pJIRA is a tool for residents to file new feature requests as well as bug reports (The "P" stands for Public.) An overview and common questions about pJIRA can be found in the Creating bug reports and feature requests in the Public Issue Tracker

How do I log in to the Tracker?

• Visit https://jira.secondlife.com and click the 'Log In' link on the top right of the page
  • On the login page, enter your Second Life username (Firstname Lastname) and password.

Thanks for that Jira link.  I'm still having the same problem in the LL viewer and Emerald (and I can recreate it every time by camming around in a busy area), and disabling VBO helps at the cost of maybe 2 fps in performance, so it seems worth it.

Now, I did try to download new drivers from ATI, and not sure which version they were, but the moment I logged into SL the VBO bug went ballistic and was a hundred times worse than before.  So, if you ask me, don't update your ATI drivers as I don't think they fixed anything at all on their end.  Stick with the VBO toggle and save yourself a lot of headaches.

Janelle, please comment on the pJIRA issue "Rendering glitches: triangle glitches, vertex tears, etc. on some ATI cards with VBO on" and add your full System Information, see Debug Help - How do I find my system information? It will give useful information to the Developers.

The ATI Catalyst 9.9 was released on 9/11/2009 and is OpenGL Version: 2.1.8918

Thank you

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.