Sign in to follow this  
MIstahMoose

Primbay?

Use what? Are you refering to setting up an external site similar to the Marketplace?

As far as I know, several such sites have been made (the Marketplace itself started as a privately made site, which was then bought and adapted by LL).

I believe every site has closed, bcause while they could attract merchants who wanted more chances to sell, they could not attract customers - only the Marketplace has integration with an account balance, so other sites had to rez terminals in-world for customers to pay money into, which they could then use to buy on the sites. It was one step too many and so I assume customers chose the easy option - the Marketplace, leading to the closure of all other sites.

So, it's been done, and it's failed every time. Some merchants sell items that are not made of prims, such as photoshop templates, etc, and these can be sold through another website, where the item is emailed to the customer, but anything that needs to be rezzed in SL has to be sold through the MP.

Well it is part of caspervend, I ask because caspervend seems to be extremely popular? So I was curious if I should set up the primbay option it asks me.

I use it, simply because it's so easy to get your product on there. When I upload a new product to caspertech, all you have to do is tick the checkbox for primbay, select a section the product should be under, add a description (I just copy & paste my MP listing description in there) as well as the keywords and voila. It takes about 10 seconds of extra effort to list the product on there.

Haven't sold anything yet over primbay, but with each new merchant adding to it, it'll get bigger and more known. Plus, it's a lot faster and easier to find products on there, it beats the MP with that hands down.

Yeah, not sure what's happening with Primbay. I list stuff there, but haven't had any sales through it. I remember getting a notice about it officially launching, and originally all caspervend merchants had it on automatically. I gather there was a bit of backlash to that (it was a bit cheeky, especially given the 5% commission that Casper gets), and it was quickly fixed to be off by default.

The fact that it seems only caspervend merchants know it exists says a lot about how successful its been :)

But like Syn said, you might as well - its a couple of clicks.

I've got stuff in there but honestly, I don't see people using it over the Marketplace. I just auto list it when I add items but nothing ever happens with it.

Primbay (by Casper Warden) is simply another avenue to sell your products for CasperVend users

I have some success there as a buyer and seller. I liek to buy from it becasue of its use of boolean searches and I can actually find what I am looking for unlike MP.

As a retailer using the CasperVend system it is little "work" to add the products to Primbay so why not do so?