Sign in to follow this  
LAVENDERROSE Harsley

Rezzing objects so anyone can use, not just the owner

Question

Normally when people rez objects from a rezzer like that, they are the owner (or can be made the owner) and cna use it as they will (often they are set to dispapear when no longer used).  I have seen all sorts of boats trips and guided tours that do this, including the Magic Carpet Ride at Apollo Gardens.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Normally when people rez objects from a rezzer like that, they are the owner (or can be made the owner) and cna use it as they will (often they are set to dispapear when no longer used).  I have seen all sorts of boats trips and guided tours that do this, including the Magic Carpet Ride at Apollo Gardens.

• Like 1

I know what you are talking about. I purchased a tube rezzer that works like that.  But I cannot get mine to work.  It rezzes fine, and set all the perm and it still will not work.  It is probably something very simple, I just can't see it.  Thanks for the reply.

I have made rezzers in the past that rez a vehicle that I still own, but anyone can jump in and drive away. As soon as they drive away, another vehicle rezzes in its place. For garbage collection, I set the vehicles to delete themselves if the driver abandons the vehicle, and no one jumps in after a brief moment of time.

Most vehicles today will unsit avatars if they are not the owner. Look at your vehicle script, and remove the llUnsit method (make a copy of the script first as a backup before you make these changes). Then, have a friend try to drive the vehicle. If they are able to drive away, the you can call it a success.