Rezzing objects so anyone can use, not just the owner

LAVENDERROSE Harsley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a Menu rezzer.  I want people to be able to rez the objects I build and use them, not just the owner.  Do I need a special script or is their anouther way.  I built golf carts for use on my land and shopping.  Currently I have them buy at $L0 and they can rez tems.  I would like it to rez automatically and be used by anyone.  I hope someone can help.

4 answers to this question

Normally when people rez objects from a rezzer like that, they are the owner (or can be made the owner) and cna use it as they will (often they are set to dispapear when no longer used).  I have seen all sorts of boats trips and guided tours that do this, including the Magic Carpet Ride at Apollo Gardens.

• Like 1

I have made rezzers in the past that rez a vehicle that I still own, but anyone can jump in and drive away. As soon as they drive away, another vehicle rezzes in its place. For garbage collection, I set the vehicles to delete themselves if the driver abandons the vehicle, and no one jumps in after a brief moment of time.

Most vehicles today will unsit avatars if they are not the owner. Look at your vehicle script, and remove the llUnsit method (make a copy of the script first as a backup before you make these changes). Then, have a friend try to drive the vehicle. If they are able to drive away, the you can call it a success.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.