...Rezzing Linden ferns and trees?

Di Vultee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all....I am renting a platform on a private Island but I cannot rez any ferns...trees...grasses etc....from my inventory even tho the owner has made me an officer and given me the rights to do this. I am able to rez any other object and can even edit , copy, delete etc...everything but the plants...is there a reason for this...and is there any boxes that need to be ticked or anything I can do to enable me to rez Linden plants on my platform?

8 answers to this question

I believe there is a setting in the land parcel (or it might be the region menu, I don't have a way to check at the moment) that allows the owner to permit or restrict rezzing of Linden plants.  Wherever it's located, it's a tickbox specifically for this purpose.

It might also be in the group settings.  I'm sorry I can't be more help at the moment.  But it should be in one of these three places.

• Like 1

I used to have a garden that was on a platform high in the sky.  I could never rez any of the Linden plants or trees.

Someone at the time told me that these items can only be rezzed on the ground, and not on top of other objects.  I don't think there is a land permission that can change that, at least I haven't seen it on any menus on the land that I help to manage.

So did that check box that you found actually allow planting of these on a platform?

• Like 1

Hi Kalderi

....hmmm...I cannot even rez plants below on the ground....but thank you for you comment..much appreciated! :-)

...I can rez plants that I make...using textures...but they are not as good as the linden ferns and grasses...

Message was edited by: Di Vultee

I am not sure of the exact reason for your difficulty, but Linden plants have special properties. Although they are only 1 prim each, it is quite obvious when you rezz them that they are very complex and sophisticated objects indeed (indeed, no other trees on sale in Second Life  have quite the same realistic effect). Despite being only 1 prim each, they do contribute quite heavily to lag, and it may be that the restrictions referred to are to do with the special nature of these objects.

Until I had a parcel of land, I had various places around SL where I could rezz objects if I chose - however I could never rezz Linden plants in any of them.

Hi All...

Thank you all for the answers but I still feel this is left open. I have always owned my own land in SL ...and have always been able to rez these Linden plants. Now that I rent land...the owner of the land made me an 'Officer' in the group...which gives the person more rights than an ordinary member of the group. Under 'abilities' (roles and abilities) one of the boxes says ...'able to rez Linden plants' ... this box is ticked. I am still unable to rez these plants.

Cheers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.