SL and Windows 7

Karen Woodford

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

I've been running SL on Windows 7 (64 bit) for months now. Just be sure to get the latest drivers (some manufacturers are already offering Win7 Beta drivers for their products) and you should be good to go.

If you're having a particular problem, please elaborate by describing them (especially any error messages) and maybe someone here can help you take care of it

Hmm, I don't know much about using multiple video cards or if that would be the issue. I do have a friend inworld that is using two or three 250s I think. Not sure if he uses windows 7 or not though. When I see him online I will link him to this thread and see if he can be of any help. Glad I didn't have any issues with mine lol. I just installed the card and drivers and it worked for me. I tried a really kick ass ATI card to begin with though and SL does just not like ATI drivers for some reason!

Vladi

Hello Dead, please check you have the latest Graphics Card drivers. Nvidia   have recently released Version: 190.38 Release Date: July 21, 2009

In Viewer 1.23 you can go to Help > About Second Life and see the driver that is being reported for your system.

It could be that your driver installation was corrupted, please see this article in Knowledge Base NVIDIA drivers appear to be causing problems with the Second Life viewer

If you are still having problems, please copy and paste your full computer environment, Help > About Second Life , including the Viewer you are using and the Graphics Card driver version you have. (see Debug Help - How do I find my system information?) Please also tell us what error message you are seeing.

Thanks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.