I have paid 2L$ to a free entrance group I am in. Why?

Biancaluce Robbiani

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

I would advise checking if the group has had some group liability paid out, This can result in you both recieving L$ and paying L$ but it is usually an L$ sink and not designed for the group to actually make any money. This can be found under Group and then clicking the Info button for the particular group and then looking at Land & L$, Group Liability is often the result of things like parcel directory Listings and the like...

This is currently not a default option in the role for the everyone bit of any group, it would of needed to of been checked by itself, if you are experiencing group liability in group under the everyone role you should be able to go in and check under

Members & Roles Tab followed by the Roles tab and and selecting Everybody as well as checking the General tab and my Title to make sure you have no other Roles you are a member of in that group. If there is in fact liability enabled for everyone then I would suggest you have a word with the owner of the group to see if you can change it or not.

Lina Pussycat, is this a recent change? for the first two years of my being in Second Life and started two groups myself, it was indeed the default for this to be checked on. There have been a number of times I have had to inform the group owner that this needed to be checked off. So if now the default is for this to be off, then that is indeed an improvement.

I was under the same impression Dekka so I tested it just now.... Pay Group Liabilities is definitely the default setting on creation of a group. The group owners must go in and switch it off if they don't want people paying and/or receiving group money.

Biancaluce, many group owners aren't aware this is a default setting so go ahead and contact them and I'd imagine the majority will thank you (I'm sure there will be the few who are aware however)

These 1L charges are a recent problem, the charge is 1L per "pay/receive liabilities" role and the 1L per person sits in the group account. It has been charged in addition to normal fees and I have opened a ticket concerning it, but no replies so far.

http://forums.secondlife.com/showthread.php?t=329255&page=1&pp=15

https://www.xstreetsl.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=118162

OK ..i have to send in my two cents  here cause it seems we are all paying a lot more than that for "free" groups. and its not the owners at fault. the explination given is that its a default setting that is automaticly put in place when there is a restart etc. so why is it that this is the only one that changes to "default"? also. why are groups that are suddenly charging thier members for liabilities  charging members for more than the liabilities themselves. My alt had a club and this was a sudden issue. over 70 people were charged nearly 30L each. the charges were obviously not that much. so where is the missing money going? it wasnt to my account. i had to refund everyone out of my own pocket. This is becoming an issue for many random groups. people with few lindens are suddenly being charged into negative numbers...adn the owners have no idea because they didnt set it up that way. they are not notified when the group charge setting is changed.  until there are complaints.  i invite any Linden to please explain this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.