Sign in to follow this  
Lexie Linden

I'm worried about a friend who has not been inworld for a long time. Can I get someone to check on their account?

Question

No, they cannot check your friends account or give you the account information.  That would violate the terms of the Privacy Policy.  However, here are some links you or your friend might find useful:

• Befrienders maintains an extensive list of suicide-prevention hotlines organized by country.
  • Befrienders is itself a worldwide volunteer-based organization that, in its own words, works to "provide help to those in need of emotional support, in order to reduce the number of people who die by suicide, and enable people to explore their feelings in an anonymous, confidential and non-judgmental environment."

RE: the second question: Maybe they could notify your friends if you died. Linden Lab can only act on instructions that are part of a legally-recognized document such as a valid will. You would have to specify in your will that you want this action performed, and they would need a copy of the will and whatever other verifying documents they deem necessary.

7 answers to this question

No, they cannot check your friends account or give you the account information.  That would violate the terms of the Privacy Policy.  However, here are some links you or your friend might find useful:

• Befrienders maintains an extensive list of suicide-prevention hotlines organized by country.
  • Befrienders is itself a worldwide volunteer-based organization that, in its own words, works to "provide help to those in need of emotional support, in order to reduce the number of people who die by suicide, and enable people to explore their feelings in an anonymous, confidential and non-judgmental environment."

RE: the second question: Maybe they could notify your friends if you died. Linden Lab can only act on instructions that are part of a legally-recognized document such as a valid will. You would have to specify in your will that you want this action performed, and they would need a copy of the will and whatever other verifying documents they deem necessary.

I'm very confused by this posting.  Is this actually a real Linden so abjectly clueless (okay, not really so surprising) and why is the date from 7 months ago?  (Maybe I awoke too early for this to make any sense.)

The answer to the latter question might be this suggestion.But the need to do this for 7 month old questions? I don't know... IMHO it would be more important that people mark their questions as answered so they can be weighted higher when using the search function.

Let me provide you with some clarity, as your post comes across how insignificant and condescending you are,  while you can only provide useless and egotistical dribble, someone else has taken the time to provide a knowledge base article, I am assuming to provide some helpful insight to the original poster, as well as any others that could also benefit, regardless of whether the question was answered. If your still confused, then maybe wake up fully or come back, if and when you're in similar cicrumstances, rather than surfing the forums as the "This was answered ages ago Police".

Chris

• Like 1