I'm worried about a friend who has not been inworld for a long time. Can I get someone to check on their account?

Lexie Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My friend has not been inworld for a very long time.  They were upset and mentioned suicide last time I saw them.  Is there some way to get Linden Lab to give me my friends account info so I can check it or for them to check on it for me?

Also, would Linden Lab let my friends know if I died in real life?

7 answers to this question

No, they cannot check your friends account or give you the account information.  That would violate the terms of the Privacy Policy.  However, here are some links you or your friend might find useful:

• Befrienders maintains an extensive list of suicide-prevention hotlines organized by country.
  • Befrienders is itself a worldwide volunteer-based organization that, in its own words, works to "provide help to those in need of emotional support, in order to reduce the number of people who die by suicide, and enable people to explore their feelings in an anonymous, confidential and non-judgmental environment."

RE: the second question: Maybe they could notify your friends if you died. Linden Lab can only act on instructions that are part of a legally-recognized document such as a valid will. You would have to specify in your will that you want this action performed, and they would need a copy of the will and whatever other verifying documents they deem necessary.

Let me provide you with some clarity, as your post comes across how insignificant and condescending you are,  while you can only provide useless and egotistical dribble, someone else has taken the time to provide a knowledge base article, I am assuming to provide some helpful insight to the original poster, as well as any others that could also benefit, regardless of whether the question was answered. If your still confused, then maybe wake up fully or come back, if and when you're in similar cicrumstances, rather than surfing the forums as the "This was answered ages ago Police".

Chris

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.