RP communities in SL sure suck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

DragonFan Flagon wrote:

[...] Uhre was just a scale i'm going to describe because i've encountered several of the dragons there and they are no good even...who i feel like name dropping [...]

You may feel like name dropping...but you shouldn't. I suggest removing her name. Yes, it is her display name rather than her account name...but I still automatically knew who you are speaking of, since you listed a sim chain and her character name and race. I highly suggest removing her name.

As for Uhre...I do not like Uhre. I hate it, actually. However, it is a giant place full of many sims, not just a single place...if you dislike one spot there, move to another. But be wise enough to know not to judge a chain / alliance of sims, each separately owned and run by different people, but just a few people.

Even though there are still some die hard players that will refer to something that happened 6 years ago, NoR, Nation of Remembrance, is still going strong. We do have an avi size restriction because of the meter, but we have 12 races to choose from. It's urban/post-apocalyptic. If you haven't been in the last year or so, come try us again.

DragonFan Flagon wrote:

you got a problem with me dude why don't you move along now because i don't deal with Noobs like you

Nope, I don't, since you haven't given me a reason to have a problem with you. :smileyhappy: I still uphold my words in my response, however.

Usually I do not respond to others' responses to mine, but you were a special case this time. I shan't bother responding again, since you know my position and no amount of random insulting will change that. Be well!

The avi's can be no smaller than the SL sliders allow and no larger than the anthro lycan avis that are out and around. Beyond that, anything you want to be or do. NoR is set during a lull in the apocalypse. Demons and angels came into the world of NoR and started fighting with humans being caught in the middle. They set of nuclear bombs, which paused the fighting, but left the skies dark. With global warming, however, no nuclear winter ensued. WIth the darkness out came vampires that had been hidden. Also, with the weakening of the walls between the worlds, all sorts of mythical creatures started showing up. It's freeform RP. There is a meter but you can RP without one, just can't RP aggressively.

I must say that my problem with most sims is the limitations they put sometimes or the lack of rez options.

besides that, the only other problem i had was the people itself. like people starting to rp, but quiting in the middle just because they agree to something they never finished (being exactly what they were told it will be).

of course not all the people. or the ones that do finish doing just 1 scene and going back like "i do not remember what we did" next time.

and of course places allowing such behaviour.

but the truth is that if you are an owner, and you have a theme, why you will allow things that do not match the theme?

i mean i help an owner to make a really good background of story on a simm and then after being admin, noticed that every time i asked "but did you even read the background" noone even cared to do so.

so, how can they complain, on the other hand most people background is "I am myself". some may be do a good job but mostly all do not, and if each person plays its own then how a comunity work at all? the answer is it cannot so thats why most sims fails. On the other side if you are every day something different, of course a sim will never match.

In my rp's i like things to be as real as possible even of course i understand is "just an rp" but, something like today i am a robot, tomorrow i am a neko and the next day I am human does not work. and really that what most people do.

Even so as i said before i admit some sims are only good for their owners but can you blame that? who is paying for the sim to stay online? the truth is, its hard to find a good place, but stories you can do by yourself if the sim allows it (if not then is not a good sim), things you can rez and unrez when finished (then if it does not let you it should have it, if it does not do either its a bad place). and Third it has to let you be yourself if you match on the background.

for example the sim i am the background is simple its a space station, its far enough from eart to be out of its jurisdiction. and the entire  solar system is owned by the sim owner (he supposedly created the station) it has not habitable planet but terraformed. so almost anything can be there, even so people manage to be god by saying they are from an advanced civilzation from another universe. (and not the owner, in fact that were one of the few people that was banned), but,  it does not have any metter because its really rp'ed (and ooc agreed), even so people try to create any kind of thing to say they are better sometimes. sometimes they say "it does not matter its outside my jurisdiction i can rule you anyway" and when the real station security interacts they just vanish (tp out).

So what is the bad here, the sim or the players?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.