Pictures from my first 2 weeks in Second Life

Hoppimike

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Hoppimike,

You look like you are having a grand time...... I shall be sure to look for you in-world and invite you to one of my Blues gigs
:D

Mike, Looking through your photos brought a big smile to my face.

KM, invite me too, especially if you're anything by Lead Belly, Robert Johnson, Jelly Roll Morton, Mississippi John Hurt, Bessie Smith, Elizabeth Cotten, Lightnin' Hopkins, Muddy Waters, Pinetop Perkins, Big Mama Thornton, Howlin' Wolf, etc.

;-).

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Hoppimike,

You look like you are having a grand time...... I shall be sure to look for you in-world and invite you to one of my Blues gigs
:D

Mike, Looking through your photos brought a big smile to my face.

KM, invite me too, especially if you're anything by Lead Belly, Robert Johnson, Jelly Roll Morton, Mississippi John Hurt, Bessie Smith, Elizabeth Cotten, Lightnin' Hopkins, Muddy Waters, Pinetop Perkins, Big Mama Thornton, Howlin' Wolf, etc.

;-).

:D - I have all of these old timers and more in my Blues library - You're on sista.....errr....excuse me .......Mistress of Nefariousness.

Hoppimike wrote:

Well, just over 2 weeks... maybe 16/17 days!

It's been a great ride so far!

Can't wait to experience more!
^_^

You can also see the gradual development of my avatar
xD

Hey Hoppi, I just want to let you know that I find your youthful exuberance for SL entirely refreshing.  It reminds me of the way I felt when I first joined the SL community years ago.  It was never my conscious intention to become as cynical as I seem to have become.  I've always tried to cling to the glimmer of hope upon which I'd held, no matter how small.  Your posts increase my feeling of hopefulness.  For that, I thank you.

...Dres

Sending Dres some well deserved Fairy Dust to chase the  cynicism away... 

Sending.gif

. . .. . . . . . .  . . . . . . . ..    . . . . 

.  . .. . . . . . . . .. .. . .., .. ,,..

, . . , . .. . . ,,. . . . .

Fairy Dust.gif

Thank you for the nice posts everyone!

I shared them on Facebook too but I usually don't get much support for them - most people don't really "get" SL!

I am friending more and more SL residents on there too now though ^_^

But yeah it has been really fun and an amazing experience really - it's incredible that you can even achieve and do all of this just from a PC. It really is amazing ^_^

SL brings us together and gives us a shared, awesome experience to enjoy!

And yeah guys if you wanna add me or invite me to things or anything then go for it!

I do need to find places to go OTHER than Beachwood, Venice and a small handful of other places!

Have you ever visited space park Shinda?

I am almost every day there to relax and you meet cool people at this place and I love the music.

It is worth to visit really, when I started SL a few years back someone took me there and I come back since years:)

You can see some pics of this place at my profile online, you know this "my.secondlife.com"

haha thanks - I particularly like my parrot xD

but yeah it's been mega fun!

And on Facebook I'm Hoppimike (and on SL) so... yeah!

Do you guys use any kind of text/2D client too for when you can't run the full client or want it as more of a background thing?

I have been using Metabolt :)

ah yes I have an Android client! I use Lumiya but I'm reading there is a free one too called LittleSight. Doesn't help me now because I already paid the £1.80 for Lumiya, but might be good for other peeps!

Is the Mobile Grid Client good?

I heard it was kinda pricey?

EDIT -- Oh wait you said Grid MANAGER, sorry :)

I also have it for my android phone so should be the same...:)

no it is cheap for one month I pay 250L I think....there are premium options too which cost a little more but I think not more than 500L a month then you can also pay people inworld and check your inventory but for me that makes not much sense so I only use the cheap version for 250 just to be able to log in when I need to talk to someone and PC is not working...

Hoppimike wrote:

ah yes I have an Android client! I use Lumiya but I'm reading there is a free one too called LittleSight. Doesn't help me now because I already paid the £1.80 for Lumiya, but might be good for other peeps!

Is the Mobile Grid Client good?

I heard it was kinda pricey?

EDIT -- Oh wait you said Grid MANAGER, sorry
:)

I love Lumiya - on my Moto X Phone. It allows me get the ability to dressed and ready for my sets on the way home when I'm not driving or near a PC with SL capability. Once home I can pop on the PC and begin my sets.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.