Mesh creation - sizes

Lumychan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyne.

I have just purchased Avastar and I've created mesh before in blender. Since I do need a few little linden$ to sruviv in the world, I thought I'd create a bit of clothing to sell in the marketplace and see how it goes.

I've watched the videos about avastar in the website but when I felt ready to start creating, I was struckwith a thought: what about sizes? The avastar videos don't elaborate much on this aspect, as hey use the standard avastar model to demonstrate attachments (which is what I'm doing, I suppose?). So... what do I do about sizes?

To add to this question, I've seen the video that also talks about avastar and fitted mesh. It is a little strange to me, but I guess it's a matter of getting used to it.But if I DO opt for fitted meh, do I model it using the standard avastar model? (with the sliders unaltered)

A final ote: I wanted to make a spring dress with a baloon skirt and I'm not sure fitted mesh will work so well.

What is your opinion on all of this and can you give me some advice on what the best method would be?

Hello, fitted mesh adjust to the SL shape but only in a very limited range off from the standard SL-Avatar; so you still have to make different sizes.

Use the default Avastar avatar to try and learn. With the Avastars slider it is easy to make different sizes even for special shapes and upload as separate size.

Monti

with the newest update on Avastar fitted mesh can be created "almost" like you where used to create rigged mesh with the mBones. For example you no longer have to work with the default Avastar character. Now you can work with your own shape again and you get almost no distortions when you convert your garment or character to fitted mesh! 

I have made a "quick and dirty" demo about how it can be used:

However this is only a very quickly created video, so its realy not meant as a tutorial!

However, today i have started to update the Documentation for the new Avastar release, so it still may take a couple of weeks until this is completed, but then things should be documented nicely and the tool should make it a LOT easier (but still not a breeze!) to create fitted mesh.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.