Mesh vs prim and normal clothes

Anestacia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Part of it is finding a designer whose mesh fits you. I'd suggest you try out Lapointe and Bastchild. They have made between sizes. For instance S+ a bit bigger than small but not as big as M.

Mesh is great for pencil and mini skirts. No more skirt prim and no more having your skirt hang down below your chair and just have the glitch pants. Of course, great for shoes and jewelry and I love my mesh hair. No more cutting through my body.

I layer my system clothes with mesh all the time. I have some great older system pants from Lapointe and Bastchild that I'll layer with a mesh jacket and a system cami.

With mesh, always try the demo. I've seen a few things that looked great in the ad picture and looked horrible on.

As for changing my shape, the only thing I find I have to change is the breast gravity and cleavage as not all the designers have the fit in the same place, but it's a fix of a few seconds.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...

I  have a serious love hate relationship with mesh clothes. I don't have a standard size body, but even if I did I have found out that there are at least 50 versions of what they call standard sizes.They typically will offer XXS, XS, S, M, L. So I am not even gonna go off on the XXS size, I could go on and on bout that, butttt the 5 standard sizes aren't even standard. I don't even think they are standard with the same creator. In one case I had to change my shape 3 times for the same creator.  I hate having to change my shape for every piece of clothing.  I have a hard time buying clothes in RL cause of my non standard shape. I am not super tall an so skinny that I look like an extra from a zombie movie (Rrrr arrrr) with next to no boobs in rl.  Now with mesh it seems that creators think the same way as rl clothes makers. You adjust to us, cause we can't or won't adjust for you. Yes I know there is limitations on what the creators can do, and I know I certainly can not do any better, so why am I bitching bout this? I have recently aquired a mesh body that is great and is beautiful, and lush, the textures are rich an vibrant. The shape when attached to my normal shape is  curvy and beautiful. The issue is, this mesh body is a beta model. It was/is being given away. There is currently no method of putting on traditonal clothes layers like the tango appliers for those breasts. I am limited to mesh or prim clothes for right now. so thats what started alla this anguish. and yes I know its my choice to wear this body but I even have the same problem with mesh clothes when I use my non mesh body.  thats why its a love hate relationship after all, some mesh clothes are stunning and I really wish I could wear them, but I seriously do not think I should be forced to change my shape every time I want to change clothes.  Thanks for reading I am now rambling on and on and on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.