Mesh is uploading sideways. Help?

Meriketta Harcourt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm new to creating mesh entirely, so I'm positive I'm doing something wrong. (Obviously lol). Any help would be greatly appreciated and I would love you long time. :matte-motes-big-grin:

Here's pictures of what the tank top looks like front and side when I upload. It also doesn't load right in the mesh model preview screen. If I try to upload unrigged mesh (not what I want), it looks just fine. With rigged mesh, it shows up to the side. Using Firestorm, Blender with Avastar. Tried using SL viewer and same results.

Front

Side

if it looks right in Blender on the Avastar Rig, if it animates right in Blender's pose mode, and if it was exported with the Avastar Collada exporter, then this should not happen. So i suspect you used the default Blender Collada exporter to export your mesh.

Of course it always can be possible that you found an unknown bug in the system that we never caught until today. So if you can reproduce this behaviour then you always can contact me to inspect the problem. But please be so kind and check on our Blog how you should prepare your report :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

cheers,
Gaia

• Like 1

Thank you both for the replies!

I figured it out. For some reason the avatar is in three parts. Once I joined the torso and legs before weighting the clothing, it uploaded just perfectly! Is that Avastar avatar suppose to be in three separate parts (head, middle, lower)? If not, I must've fudged somewheres lol. Previously I was weighting the dress to the legs and torso separately, which was twisting the mesh sideways upon upload.

So excited now. <3 Thank you both again for taking the time to help. :matte-motes-big-grin:

I am having the exact same problem.  I also am using the Avastar avatar and saw that it was not joined.  I tried joining it and redoing al the rigging.  When I upload and wear in SL, it is on sideways.  It doesn't seem to be distorted or twisted, just being worn on my side instead of my front.  Any idea?

That is just weird. It must be something very obvious that i overlook here. Actually Avastar should just export this fine.

So maybe someone can send me a blend file with instructions how to export it such that the rotation occurs ?So i can see the reason for this and maybe we can fix it (whatever "it" is...)  somehow.

And please tell me the exact version of Avastar that you use.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.