Photographer (CHEAP but QUALITY)

AnnariaB

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm an aspiring photographer looking to expand  my portfolio. I'd love to take photos of some beautiful people to add to my collection for a small fee of 500L per person.  There's limited spots so act fast! You will get a large, high quality, editted photo as seen in my portfolio here: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/annariabphotography/

Message me in world for questions or for setting up a photo session. I'd like to see what kind of outfits you have and discuss how the photo will look. 

If you want to build your portfolio, just ask beautiful people you meet if they would like to pose for you, for free. A lot of them will probbaly do it, and they may even use your picture in their profile, giving you more word of mouth exposure. 

You get a nice av to practice with, and after all, if your stream is filled with nice pics, people will be more likely to choose you when they want to actually pay.

That's what I did, but to be honest, I am itching to work on pictures anyway, and I didn't mind doing it for free.

... says someone whose picture she took. Did you pay the dicounted price?

All I am saying is, without more examples of her work to look at, people may not be persuaded to choose her. And if I enjoy what I do, my time is free. Not everybody wants to make this a business.

I agree there are a lot of 'photographers' who charge more and offer less, but also a few that charge less and offer more :P

I agree with Anetta. Usually when people start off with phrases like "expand  my portfolio", it's because they need practice and practicing the art trumps making money commerically. Once the portfolio is built up, people will be willing to pay once they see the range and quality of the work.

I don't think it's particulary cool to have people pay a mandantory fee for the OP considers to be practice work. Either make it free or advertise it as a special sale, and leave out the purpose of having discounted prices.

This is not advice - just me reading a thread on a forum and making a comment since I have participated in what the OP is doing with other photographers, and it was for free.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.