Sign in to follow this  
Poltergeist Azarov

Particle relative rotate with its source

Once a particle is created and sent on its way, you have no further control over it.  A particle is a 2D element, though, so it's always rotated parallel to your screen.  Note, however, that PSYS_PART_FOLLOW_VELOCITY_MASK will allow the particles to orient their "top" towards the direction of movement or emission, rather than having their local Z axis pointing straight up.  If that's the sort of rotation you're looking for, give that mask option a try.

• Like 1

try PSYS_SRC_ACCEL not sure exactly what effect your trying for, I used it in a particle cord between 2 attachments it seamed to control how fast the cord responded to the avatar moving, if I remember correctly it's been a while since I worked with that script.

Thanks both. I give up with it. Now just trying to make multiple particle sources attached to a boat vehicle. Trying to make them bob to stay on water surface level and rotate during vehicles banking effects so on. I would be thankfull if you guys have some idea to do these to child prims.

Use llLinkParticleSystem and set the PSYS_PART_BOUNCE_MASK so that the particles stay above the plane of the emitter.  Also, give your particles enough downward accelleration to force them to stay down at the water.

thanks alot, I am just using a flat ribbon particle emitter. so these classic and usefull ideas doesnt work the same way on flat ribbon. maybe I should keep playing with it till I find the best solution myself. thank you for your ideas though.  I will keep them in mind.