A sucessful business?

CherrieMist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's not easy.  The competition is steep and you can't price things high enough to compensate yourself adequately for your time.  The obvious, unhelpful answer is in two parts: (1) Go into the business because you enjoy it, not because you expect to make a lot of money and (2) Make beautiful things that don't look like anything else in the shops.  Beyond that, if you find a magic formula, don't tell anyone else.  :smileywink:

In my opinion, a successful business is what makes you happy. If you enjoy, and are proud of the things you make and sell that is what counts. But if you are wanting to get your name known in SL and make some cash, there are a few rules that I live by. First, is with anything you do or sell you will not get noticed if you don't advertise. I'm not talking about spamming anyone you see, but you need to do it legally. Set up shop, do hunts, do a mm (change it often and post for it in mm groups), I like doing promotions that promote loyalty, and weekly deals.. Like a 99L weekend sale.. Ect. Second... When you put out a new item, LET PEOPLE KNOW! Get into some groups that is for promoting new items.. ( if you make gothic type clothing you should look into groups like Sinister Goth) hope this helps, happy building!

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.