How to hide IMs from groups?

Hoppimike

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've seen your other thread so I know you are still relatively new to Second Life. Thus it might not have crossed your mind that internet search might have answers to Second Life questions. In fact, it does! Google does, anyway. And the great thing about it is that most of the Second Life answers I've found via google are actually correct (a claim that cannot be made for most of the 'answers' to Real Life questions I've seen in places like Ask and Answer).

Typing, "how do I turn off group notices in Second Life" in the google search bar will yield a bunch of relative results. For me, all but one of the first page results were from this very forum's "Answers" section. You can search and/or ask there too, simply click the green ANSWERS tab in the upper left of this page.

"How to" questions will probably lead mostly to the Answers forum, but searching about almost any SL topic on google witll lead you to information: blogs, articles, tutorials, etc. The number of people that have taken the time to not only learn properly how to do something in SL but then document that knowledge is breathtaking.

Hoppimike wrote:

Thank you
:)

I tried turning off the notices... although I couldn't see an IM option but I'll check again next time I'm on and see if it works!

You can turn off groupchat, groupnotices and you could turn off to get any notifications/IMs to your email account (the last option would affect every group and every IM from anyone).

• 1 year later...

Estevan Preiss wrote:

Is being a **bleep**, one of your qualifications.  -GASP-  They were using message boards for their intended purposes.  Your 2 paragraph response of a rant, just shows how much of a life you don't have.  Table for ONE!  BITTER BETTY?!

As opposed to two-line-long rants?

Wow, who'da thunk it? I respond to someone who I'd seen asking some basic questions elsewhere and whose question in this particular OP had already been answered, suggesting two ways of getting quick answers about SL elsewhere in the future. It's been my experience that new users do not all realize much good SL info is findable with Google.

And for that I am called something that the censors bleeped, a BITTER BETTY, and a ranter. More than a year after the fact, I might add. It seems I must have crossed you in another identity somewhere, since I'm pretty sure I've never met Estevan Preiss (a situation I hope is never altered).

Welcome to my world Dillon.

I find it amusing to fill in various substitutes for the bleeped words. Funny though you haven't earned the 'fascist' or 'Nazi' moniker yet. Someone should make a rank for that for use here in the forums. (Who was it who did that when Lithium first started anyway?)

At least you weren't suspended for providing the help for the indolent. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.