SL is getting worse and worse congrats SL thi is worse since 2007

Kylie Wiefel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

nikita Jefferson wrote:

Sometimes i hate posting anything on the forums because someone like you always pops up and says their world is great so that means everyone elses should be and if not its crappy hardware.

Funny, because it's people like you who always blame all your problems on LL that make me rarely post in theise forums. :)

As a creator who's been in SL since 2006, I can tell you that if your sim can't handle missing a single restart, it's overloaded and you need to rethink what you're doing with it. But that would be hard. Much harder than ranting in a forum. :)

sylvie Gossamer wrote:

A quick look through the deploy posts would have told you that there have been sometimes as much as 3 weeks between server reboots in the last few months

on the Secondlife server only, all of the others get done weekly. What is your point? I live on a SL server, have zero issues and have about 20 breedable cats wandering. SO, perhaps it is your system, connection or something in between.

i remember 2007, crashashashashash...chhhh.clunk *part falls to floor* SL view soon to go open sorce! wait that was later *giggles*

(was just trying to pull a funny lol, but seriously)

today's issues are pretty bad, internal issues can happen at any moment, data "plugs" can start a quw of hold back and missfires, i would not even want to see their server codes ... :S lol

they will get us running again, oh, and OS updates can improve playability, if not already done (or on auto update)

sylvie Gossamer wrote:

LL still do not seem to have grasped the connection between server reboots, or lack of,  and lag. Serious gaming PCs and superfast connections may overcome this but I doubt if that is what the majority of SL users possess.  

Maybe when you can explain what the connection is they will be able to grasp it.

Are the Servers slowing down? Do they stop updating as Ava's come and go?  Do they begin to not send you data in a timely manner?  Are they running out of or leaking memory? Is ping time increasing?  Are they runing out of spare time?

This is what we are trying to grasp. What exactly is it that the Servers are (not) doing that is causing you so much lag?

I don't have a super fast connection and I don't have a gaming computer but I don't experience these things.

Yes, I know that Servers can get 'botched up' and restarting them can straigten them out.  Is true of any computer.  But if they are botched up then thay are botched up for everyone.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.